Krampert's Finest Frostbite

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
brothers

Krampert's Finest Frostbite

Post by brothers »

Received it today from Brian, (Shadowsdad). Some guys might consider it a warm weather aftershave, but with a name like Frostbite, why not right now? Sounds good to me!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ShadowsDad

Re: Krampert's Finest Frostbite

Post by ShadowsDad »

:D If it's cold in OK take a walk outside for a double dose of cold. It'll be an even more synergistic effect (cold heaped on cold).
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Ouch. Think I'll just stick with your bay rum, Brian.

. . .

Okay, I admit I'm a little intrigued.
Ron
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Ron I prefer to not talk up my products. Just google it and I'll let others discuss it for me.
Brian

Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
brothers

Post by brothers »

I've been using this product for several days now (every day since I got it). Face freeze is a good term. I'ts really not physically cold, but whatever's happening is a turbocharged jolt of after shave stimulation! When my current supply gets really low in a couple more days or so, I'm going to buy myself a couple more direct from the maker. I like menthol products, and this is a good one. :)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

That's OK Brian, I will talk them up a bit! :mrgreen:

I have been using both Krampert's Frostbite and Bay Rum for several months now. For me, Frostbite is a year round "Must Use" aftershave! I use both at least once a week. The cooling from the Frostbite just flat out makes my face "feel good"! Both not only have great scents, but give me great conditioning as well. Brian, thanks for two great products!

No, I am not Brian's brother.............. 8)

brothers

Post by brothers »

It looks like I'll be lucky to get just one more splash from my bottle of Frostbite. Certainly, there's going to be an order placed sometime during the coming days for some replacement Frostbite provisions.
Gary

Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

Be sure to order directly from Brian's web-site. Less expensive........

I am going to have to re-order Frostbite soon too.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I recently used Proraso's green tub soap for a number days in a row, and finished up with a nice splash of Krampert's Frostbite.
Gary

SharpSpine

Post by SharpSpine »

Brian's Acadian Spice Bay Rum & now Frostbite have been my only after the shave product for over 2 1/2 years. I am still so thankful that he let my pestering bring his personal product to market for the rest of us. Thanks Mr. Krampert!
> Brian < Shave On & God Bless!!

Mongoose B1 + Hempel Spiral; Feather Pro
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

How did I miss following this? Yet I did.

Of course I enjoy reading (and the feedback from) these posts. But I try not to intrude. I just prefer to let it take it's course. Maybe that's why I missed following it.

But I bow to you gents. It's humbling.

Personally, anyone who has looked into my products even a little bit knows that I have a soft spot in my heart for the Bay Rum. But come warm weather and I just gravitate to the Frostbite. The stuff is just addictive, at least for me. I can't tell you how many times I've posted my shave of the day with my eyes watering from the freeze.
Brian

flintlock

Post by flintlock »

Been hearing a lot of good feed back on the Frostbite. Have mine on order and can't wait to try it.

Anthony
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

You will enjoy it Anthony.

I used it again this morning...........

flintlock

Post by flintlock »

I received "Krampert's Finest Frostbite" Today. Just had a great Shave and used some for the First time. WOW! :shock: As i put some on I thought to myself "what's the big deal" Then little by little I got FROSTBITE! It's been like 10min. now and my skin feels Great. Hats off to you Brian for a Great product. Gonna have to get the Bay rum soon.

Anthony
flintlock

Post by flintlock »

WOW! Second time using the Frostbite. This stuff is incredible. \:D/

Anthony
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Thanks!

I held nothing back in the making of it. A few testers did try to suggest that I shouldn't, but that's just not me. Go for the gusto! It's either the best I can make (push the limits!) or it isn't "me". It definitely isn't milk toast! Glad you like it!

Just allow it to dry/soak in without molesting it. That's the key. Otherwise you might wonder what it was you slapped on your face since it doesn't feel "right" unless the skin and mix are given time to adjust. Just leave it be and enjoy the ride. Be sure the seat belt is fastened. :D

I love my Acadian Spice, but during the summer I definitely turn into a menthol junkie. Heck, I'm there now (menthol junkie). I post my SOTD and my eyes are watering. I love it!
Brian

JayDee

Post by JayDee »

Here's my take on it:

Alcohol burn: 3/10--Very little!

Scent: 8/10--Very exotic!

Longevity of scent: 6/10--Lasts just long enough but never intrudes on a real fragrance!

General skincare: 10/10--Very, very cold menthol sensation with fabulous soothing!

Price: 7/10--Quite reasonable from Italian Barber where I bought it from!

Would I buy again: 10/10--Most assuredly!
BiffBuff

Post by BiffBuff »

Lovely, lovely stuff! Most of the comments are about the menthol effect which is wonderful, but the underlying fragrance is spectacular too. I have the shaving soap also and I enjoy it very much, but the aftershave is on my DNROO list (Do NOT Run Out Of).
disengage