Plisson - Low Grade Brushes

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
RazorRamone

Plisson - Low Grade Brushes

Post by RazorRamone »

Has anyone else noticed the low grade Plisson shaving brushes in L'Occitane stores?

I never thought I would see the day of a Plisson synthetic brush paired in a mall brand men' s Christmas gift for $85.

Times are changing...

RR
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Re: Plisson - Low Grade Brushes

Post by bernards66 »

Er....no....and frankly I would have preferred it had you kept this observation to yourself....sigh....
Regards,
Gordon
RazorRamone

Post by RazorRamone »

Haha... Sorry.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Barbarians at the gate.
Regards,
Squire
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

The more important question is, "What was any member of this list doing in a l'Occitane shop, anyway?"

Buzz
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Have to do something when the wife drags you to the mall.
Regards,
Squire
bernards66
Duke of Silvertip!

Post by bernards66 »

How true...sigh. And I must admit that I had to piece her off with the L'Occitane Lavender bath soap because I couldn't keep her in the stuff from MdC...which I'd hooked her in with at the start....ummm.....
Regards,
Gordon
RazorRamone

Post by RazorRamone »

M6Classic wrote:The more important question is, "What was any member of this list doing in a l'Occitane shop, anyway?"

Buzz
Guilty. Shopping for my wife's Christmas gifts.

That said, I have used their shaving products and personally find them of higher quality than most readily available brands. The Cade shaving soap is a strong performer and their "Eav Des Bavx" cologne is very well done.

L'Occitane/C & E/Hilfiger/Ralph Lifshitz/etc... these mass produced mall brands are all the same to me.
Teiste

Post by Teiste »

Let me tell you that the new Plisson synthetic brush is a heck of a lot of shaving brush...Not only very beautiful aesthetically , but as a synthetic brush , I will put it on my personal top 3 list , only behind the Muhle STF 25 mm v 2.0 , and I have tried quiet a few synthetics so far...
Well done for Plisson and L'occitane.
PS ; the new L'occitane Cade cream and soap are very good too.
John N.

Post by John N. »

[quote="Teist PS ; the new L'occitane Cade cream and soap are very good too.[/quote]

Agree, The new version of their cream is outstanding, and their soap has been quite good for some time.
J
John N.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I've been reading up on that Plisson/Cade synthetic brush. If only they made it in a higher loft, I'd be trying to arrange to get myself one. As of two days ago, I saw that Cade is selling the brush alone for $55, and with free shipping at that particular time. I'd really like to figure out how to try one out without having to actually, you know, like "buy" one, or something! I think even if the loft isn't really in my range, I might spring for one on an impulse, if it happens to show up on the Selling/Trading forum sometime. It's all a matter of timing, isn't it?

And, for the record, maybe I'm repeating myself here, but I visited L'Occitane a few days ago, and it was an enjoyable shopping interlude. I didn't actually spend any money, so that helped too. They didn't have the synthetic Plisson, but the bath soaps and aftershaves smell good.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

Squire wrote:Have to do something when the wife drags you to the mall.
When that happens I think it is time that the man of the house exercise his male dominance and drag the wife right back out of the mall. That is unless the mall has a Frederick's of Hollywood store! :lol:
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I'll put up with a lot but I won't hold the purse while herself shops.
Regards,
Squire
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

Every time we go to Madison the L'Occitane Boutique is on our list of things to do. Between the two of us we can easily drop $150.00 when we visit. I love their shaving soap, cream, and balm. It is the only time I buy shaving supplies that my wife does not complain.
Johnny

"Younger than some, older than most" - Wet shaving for 50+ years
brothers

Post by brothers »

Johnny, I've only made one visit to the one in the mall, and I could easily have spent some bucks. Maybe next time, especially if my wife goes with me and starts finding stuff she wants. I have a question for you Johnny, have you done a review of the shaving products, especially the soap and cream? If so, do you have a link? Or, if not, could you write one for us? I'd be interested in your opinions.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Johnny

Post by Johnny »

brothers wrote:Johnny, I've only made one visit to the one in the mall, and I could easily have spent some bucks. Maybe next time, especially if my wife goes with me and starts finding stuff she wants. I have a question for you Johnny, have you done a review of the shaving products, especially the soap and cream? If so, do you have a link? Or, if not, could you write one for us? I'd be interested in your opinions.
As a matter of fact, I wrote one this morning. Here is the link:

http://shavenook.com/forum-soap-cream-reviews
Johnny

"Younger than some, older than most" - Wet shaving for 50+ years
brothers

Post by brothers »

Nice review Johnny. I did like the fragrance of the soap and cream both. A few years back someone bought me a gift of a cake of Cade soap, and for some reason (I think I had a bad head cold or something at the time) I couldn't tolerate the scent. Strange. I should give it a second chance.
Gary