The Method Shower

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Re: The Method Shower

Post by brothers »

So, reverting back to the shave part, I think we should strongly suggest that the gentleman with the method should insert the plastic pyramid into the official mantra. Maybe he could re-engineer it to use cardboard or burlap or something, just to make sure it's his own unique innovative twist on the process. Back to the showering, when do the videos start popping up?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Bobwhite

Post by Bobwhite »

Wow, I just took a shower, but now I feel dirty!

One thing to think about is using a filter on your shower. It may sound odd, but if you are using city water with chlorine and fluoride in your water, here is something to think about. Here in Tulsa Oklahoma our water is treated so heavily that they told us not to use tap water in our aquarium, or it may kill your fish! After some "internet research" I have come to believe that when you take a shower, you open up your pores to the chemicals in the water. They say that it is equal to a dose of 10 glasses of unfiltered drinking water absorbed through your skin. All you have to do is unscrew your shower nozzle, screw in the filter, then add back the same shower nozzle.
Mr. Pinchy

Post by Mr. Pinchy »

Any specific details re scrotum care

would be interested in the most efficient cleansing methods available
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Nothing special, one soapy washrag does the whole body. Be sure to rinse all soap off. I have a side hose/wand that I can switch to after main shower rinsing. That gets a good spray into crannies. Nuf said.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

Bargepole wrote:Yes, but don't we need Special Magic Words for stuff like

towel = hygroscopic wicking sheet
shower = dihydrogen monoxide dispersal system
tub = reusable dihydrogen monoxide immersion chamber
washcloth = Fibe-O-Rub™ vegetal friction square
shampoo = dipole keratin surfactant
conditioner = polymer crosslink creme
soap = the Method Cake®

and so on?

EDIT: PS Actually, now that the washcloth has become the Hydrolast Shave Cloth, shouldn't we be replacing it entirely, perhaps with a decent badger Method Shower Brush?
I think I'd prefer a shower brush made from boar bristles.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Some people do need the magic Michael, some people do.
Regards,
Squire
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

Bobwhite wrote: . . . I have come to believe that when you take a shower, you open up your pores to the chemicals in the water. They say that it is equal to a dose of 10 glasses of unfiltered drinking water absorbed through your skin.
But 8 litres of water ➙ hyponatraemia.

So if 1 shower = 8 glasses of water (i.e. approx 1.5l over 10 minutes) then standing naked in drenching rain for 1 hour = approx 8l of water absorbed = electrolyte balance goes belly up and that's it for evolving humankind. We never get as far as inventing Gore-Text®.

And what about long-distance swimmers? Byron would never have made it across the Hellespont.

Anyway, I'm English and we prefer the bathtub, with a good book. Sometimes I can lie and soak for an hour and I haven't noticde any il-leffetcs. In fatc Iv'e just climed out of the tub adn I nerever flet bett.. sory... blrured visin... bzzzing in the aers... fleling a bit sik and dzizy... just hvae a lie dwon...
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
Zemlya

Post by Zemlya »

Haha, i've never put this much thought into my hygiene routine--i'm impressed.