Cadet TP 26

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
Dapper-in-a-can-man

Cadet TP 26

Post by Dapper-in-a-can-man »

I just bought a Cadet TP 26 from West Coast Shaving :mrgreen: I am quite curious if anyone here has used one, and can tell me what to expect.
Here: http://www.westcoastshaving.com/Cadet-T ... _2030.html

I have literally heard NOTHING negative about anything that comes from Cadet, but more of a surprise because people can't believe the "bang for your buck you get" from them. WCS was backed up, so I won't be getting it in until next week :( but when that time comes, I will post a review of how I felt about it. It's my first three piece, so there is a bit of anxiousness coming from getting in a new tool.

Thanks folks,
Dapper-in-a-can-man
(Brent)
[Holding up razor.] At last, my arm is complete again! - Sweeney Todd
Tucker

Re: Cadet TP 26

Post by Tucker »

I've got the same razor except with a short handle. I've only shaved with it once. I used a Polsilver Super Iridium blade. It's an aggressive razor on par with a Fattip. I would tread lightly, and try to maintain a shallow blade angle. The Q.C. is very good. The black plastic handle is well executed. I got some irritation, so I need to try other blades in it.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Brent, I've been curious about the Cadets. Looking forward to hearing what you have to say about yours.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Good move Brent.
Regards,
Squire
Dapper-in-a-can-man

Post by Dapper-in-a-can-man »

Alright folks, sorry I haven't been on in quite a while. The Cadet is quite amazing. =D> for the price you can't beat the shave. It is aggressive but given the proper prep it is a great razor. The handle is great and essentially slip proof. If I could shave every day it would rival using my Sheraton. I love having this in my rotation. The craftsmanship was flawless on taking it out. I know this isn't a great review, but I'm not to huge on reviews due to the subjectivity of DE shaving.
Thanks
Brent
[Holding up razor.] At last, my arm is complete again! - Sweeney Todd
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

That a good review Brent, descriptive and to the point. I would much rather get straight forwared, first person thoughts than the usual fluffed out review.
Regards,
Squire
razorhead63

Post by razorhead63 »

Yeah, I want to second the praise for the Cadet oc razor.
I purchased the TP30-B model a few months ago and I'm liking it a lot.

A pretty aggressive shaver but beautifully crafted.... works well.....

I got it from Shaveabuck.. 19 dollars cheap.......
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Do all the Cadets have the same two heads (open/closed comb) and different handles?