Today's shave

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
66GilletteSlim

Today's shave

Post by 66GilletteSlim »

Had a good shave today with the AOS cream and Gillette slim with an Astra in there. Pretty smooth, but what blades do you guys like out there?
brothers

Re: Today's shave

Post by brothers »

66GilletteSlim wrote:Had a good shave today with the AOS cream and Gillette slim with an Astra in there. Pretty smooth, but what blades do you guys like out there?
Now that you bring it up, if you wish, I will send you a few Personna hospital use blades which are my very favorites. Just PM me your address. Of course, this offer goes for anyone else who may be interested, as well.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

There are a lot of good ones out there 66. Perhaps if you would list the ones you are considering then we can comment.
Regards,
Squire
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

It sounds like you are off to a very good start!

If you are doing well with the Astras and the rest of your kit, I wouldn't change brand of blade, razor, soap, etc while you are developing your basic technique. Ideally, I would go a minimum of a month, and preferably more, keeping variables consistent while you accumulate understanding.

After that, you will be better able to evaluate the effect of each tool and expendable as you experiment with others. Keep in mind that your own shaving experience will be unique and that your preferences will likely shift as your personal shaving technique evolves.

- Murray
66GilletteSlim

Post by 66GilletteSlim »

Squire wrote:There are a lot of good ones out there 66. Perhaps if you would list the ones you are considering then we can comment.
I hear the Super Iridiums, feathers, some blade called Brown "something" I can't think of the name are supposed to be good, I tried a Wilkonson from Walmart and felt like I used a lawn mower blade. Any other recommendations??
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Let me suggest you read my blade reviews which are in a sticky at the top of this forum. A bit dated but you should still get some ideas.
Regards,
Squire