Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
John N.

Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream

Post by John N. »

Picked up a tube (3.5 0z.) of this new product at my local Safeway recently. On sale it was $2.99; I think the regular price is $3.99. The scent is what I call Nivea generic; which I quite like...pleasant and unobtrusive. I lathered it up in a DB scuttle, and the lather really popped. I used a largish dollop, and had enough rich, creamy snow white lather for 2 passes and a touch up...and had plenty left over. The lather did everything a high quality lather should (cushion, slickness and protection) and I was quite pleased with it. After the shave, I noticed that my face felt moisturized...no dryness or tightness at all. I believe this new Nivea product to be a winner, and at the regular price of $3.99 you can say winner with a capital W.
J.
John N.
Ouchmychin

Re: Nivea Sensitive Shaving Cream

Post by Ouchmychin »

This sound like my cup of tea. I have used Nivea skin care products for several years and they do the job very well too. I am not so sure about finding it for $3.99 list price though. I wonder if that is nation wide or just a regional thing. Most Nivea skin products I have used fall in the $5.99 to $8.99 range. I'll have to check around. We don't have a Safeway store in our city. They were once here but pulled out, I suspect they didn't like the competition.
Ouchmychin (Pete)