Sometimes you remember what just works for you

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
function

Sometimes you remember what just works for you

Post by function »

I gove my razors a month or so of use at a time, using one type of blade for one or two weeks and switching through my stash.

Three weeks of less than stellar shaves with different blades in my 34c and I was annoyed.

Out comes an old reliable combination Astra Blade(green) and Gillette TTO razor, in this case my late 40s Aristocrat

It doesn't work for everybody, but man something about that Astra and a Gillette TTO yields a smooth, close and irritation free shave every time, reminding me why I keep buying 100 packs of those blades even though I have never finished the first 100 I purchased.

Shave happiness, today paired with Tabac soap and AS and a Rooney 3/1. It reminds me why I started wetshaving in the first place.
Nick

Give me Lavender or give me death.
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Sometimes you remember what just works for you

Post by Squire »

Reminds me of why I don't stop.
Regards,
Squire
Gene

Post by Gene »

Nick, I salute you, and all of you who have a current production blade you can use as your go to blade. My shaves are either sublime with a Swede, acceptable with a few others, and poor with most of the rest.

I tried your blades, and found them decent, but like others better. Wish it was otherwise, because those Swedes just won't last forever...no matter how stingy I am with them...squeezing every last shave out of them I can.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I have a couple of Astra blades left from a sample pack I got some time ago ..... hmmmmm time to replenish my supply.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?