Please Take Some Photos!

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
drmoss_ca
Admin

Please Take Some Photos!

Post by drmoss_ca »

And then post them here! It's hard being the main poster in this forum, since I don't mean to show off my poor efforts, and I'd love to see your work. Surely I'm not the only member with a camera? Don't be shy—you only learn by criticism (which you won't get in this forum) and by exposure, which you will. Please join in!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: Please Take Some Photos!

Post by jww »

I so rarely dust off my e-620 these days, perhaps this is the motivation I need to get out and take some pics. Thanks for the invitation, Chris ..... although I am confident I'll get nothing like your results.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
brothers

Post by brothers »

I can post 'em, but it'll have to be about the pictures, not the camera. I have no technical knowledge or equipment. At the current time, my Samsung Galaxy 4 phone has replaced the Sony DSC-P31 as primary all occasion camera.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

Haven't used a "real" camera or film in since the mid 90's when my daughter grew up. But do have some what I consider "great" pix of her as a child (mostly b&w) and also some others including a few great landscape pix of the local W. Pa area. I do have the negatives stored in a bank vault. Can anyone suggest a way to get them digitized so I can post them here? Have a friend who is still into photography the traditional way who may be able to help as well. Thanks in advance.
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Bryce,
Negatives are digitized by scanning them. Many simple Epson flatbed scanners will do a decent job if you have the film holders that came with the scanner. Actual film scanners are better, and range from the surprisingly good best buy Pacific Image scanners to $22,000 Hasselblad scanners. A decent camera shop (hard to find these days) might be able to do it for you. I certainly could, but you'd have to trust your valuable negs to the mails.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
SRD

Post by SRD »

Ok. I'll post a few. I pretty much limit my photos to things around my hobbies and I certainly don't claim to be very good at it. Here are a few shots of the gardens and birds here at Happily EverAfter.
Dave
ThePossum

Post by ThePossum »

drmoss_ca wrote:Bryce,
Negatives are digitized by scanning them. Many simple Epson flatbed scanners will do a decent job if you have the film holders that came with the scanner. Actual film scanners are better, and range from the surprisingly good best buy Pacific Image scanners to $22,000 Hasselblad scanners. A decent camera shop (hard to find these days) might be able to do it for you. I certainly could, but you'd have to trust your valuable negs to the mails.

Chris
Ha, Ha Chris, Never thought of using my Epson flatbed scanner. Had to look at it closely and remove the white panel on the inside of the lid to find the negative holder. Come to think of it, the holder will also do slides. So now I have to find some time to go to the bank and get a few of the negs and bring them back and scan them and finally post em.

I guess my inability to think about using my scanner comes from being bald and on Medicare! :D :D
Bryce

My Shave Stuff
The Original Safety Too - An SE Razor Forum
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Nice shots of birds and local color, SRD!

Thanks for posting.

- Murray
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Lovely, Dave. Once only have I seen a cardinal in NS (and it was a female to make my ID awkward); they don't normally come here except as rare visitors.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

+1 -- unlike Chris, I see cardinals quite often in Ottawa in the later winter -- and this year, for the first time, I sighted one in our backyard while working one afternoon hopping around near our shed in early May. We used to see blue jays all the time growing up in Ontario's Niagara Peninsula. Even used to see chickadees as well in those formative years.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Gene

Post by Gene »

Some of my recent stuff.

Taken with Nikon D90, and either a 50 mm 1.8 or the AF-S 18-70 3.5-4.0 lens. I thought I had scaled them down as far as needed, they are still large. Sorry, but please, enjoy - tell me what you think.
The Oasis, on Lake Travis
The Oasis, on Lake Travis
Art.JPG (1.05 MiB) Viewed 3519 times
More from The Oasis
More from The Oasis
Balcony.JPG (829.42 KiB) Viewed 3519 times
Family group at The Oasis
Family group at The Oasis
Family Crowd.JPG (826.03 KiB) Viewed 3519 times
Another shot from The Oasis
Another shot from The Oasis
Flamingo.JPG (594.17 KiB) Viewed 3519 times
Random outdoor shot
Random outdoor shot
Golfers.JPG (773.57 KiB) Viewed 3519 times
My son
My son
The Boy.JPG (377.53 KiB) Viewed 3519 times
Yes, Garth Brooks sings about this place - it's real
Yes, Garth Brooks sings about this place - it's real
The Oasis.JPG (400.26 KiB) Viewed 3519 times
Windmills are big in Texas...this is in my backyard
Windmills are big in Texas...this is in my backyard
TX-Windmill.JPG (536.12 KiB) Viewed 3519 times
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Nice work, Gene. Thanks for sharing them.

- Murray
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Looks like The Boy needs some shavin' lessons!

Your pictures deserve to be seen properly. A free Flickr account and embedded links would work.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
SRD

Post by SRD »

Very nice indeed Gene.
Dave
SRD

Post by SRD »

Had to show these shots of a MEAN little female Ruby Throat Hummingbird guarding the feeder after running off every male that attempts to get a little drink. I will now stop with the bird photos.

Dave
Gene

Post by Gene »

drmoss_ca wrote:Looks like The Boy needs some shavin' lessons!

Your pictures deserve to be seen properly. A free Flickr account and embedded links would work.

Chris
I've tried - he is too "modern" for that.

I have a Flikr account - but have not tried doing anything on it yet, perhaps I will.

I like the hummingbird shots! I have some from our home in Atlanta - we had the same thing - one was mean and would come from across the yard to drive others away. Scared our little 8 pound dog to death!
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
Gene

Post by Gene »

Here is one of the last shots from my older Sony NEX 5.

Note the Burnt Orange colors...proof of the divine blessings of The University of Texas (UT)! Hook 'Em Horns!
1-DSC00568.JPG
1-DSC00568.JPG (56.76 KiB) Viewed 3467 times
Gene

Mark Twain

Alan Moore
SRD

Post by SRD »

Great photo Gene.
Dave