Voigtlander Bessa III

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
drmoss_ca
Admin

Voigtlander Bessa III

Post by drmoss_ca »

It's been a while since I used this camera, having been rather taken with the Rolleiflex and the Hasselblad, but it's light and easy to use with a wickedly sharp lens:

Bessa III, XP2, Unicolor presskit, Nikon 9000 scan:

Sadly, I have had to ship my Flextight scanner to Hasselblad in New Jersey for repair and service. Expensive!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Re: Voigtlander Bessa III

Post by brothers »

The fine detail is remarkable.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Araner

Post by Araner »

Dr. Moss, great detail and great portraiture.

BTW, I'm a big Voigtlander fan and have several of their cameras:

Bessa R3M
Bessa R3A
Bessa R4M
Bessa R2A
Bessaflex TM

I also have a boatload of VM mount Voigtlander lenses to go with the Bessa range finder cameras: from the Super Wide-Heliar 15mm to the Heliar-Classic 75mm and many in between those two.

For the Bessaflex TM I have two M42 mount lenses: the Ultron 40mm f2 and a Zeiss 50mm f1.4 Planar T.

I primarily shoot digital but still manage to get out with a film camera at least once a month.

I recently posted up some images that I made with my Contax G2 camera and a roll of Fujifilm Acros 100 monochrome film. If you're interested you can see them here:

http://yokosukamike.blogspot.jp/

Best regards,
Mike
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I like them, Mike! I am told film cameras remain more popular in Japan than in the west, and that there is an area in Tokyo full of secondhand camera shops. I imagine the streets are paved with drool!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace