RazoRock New Classic

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Bob in TX

RazoRock New Classic

Post by Bob in TX »

RazoRock is changing their soap line somewhat. They are going to 100% Artisan soaps. One of the first changes was with the Classic. The new Classic is still a traditional Italian marzipan/almond croap, but is now made by a small batch Italian artisan instead of the original mass produced version. As expected, after loading my damp brush for 20 seconds (probably 5-10 seconds too many), I quickly got enough great slick, thick, cushioning lather for a 3+ pass shave. The only problem with the marzipan scented soaps is that they make me yearn for an Almond Croissant!

Ingredients: stearic acid, water, coconut oil, potassium hydroxide, sodium hydroxide, fragrance

It is only available on the Italian Barber ebay page for now while they clear out the old Classic and Fresco.

TommyDawg

Re: RazoRock New Classic

Post by TommyDawg »

Bob, so you like this better than their 'regular' line it is replacing? How so?
Tom
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

Hey Tom,

That is tough to answer, but a qualified "yes". I currently have three of the newer RR Artisan soaps: San Valentino (a limited edition), The Freedberg, and the new Classic. All are exceptional soaps, even more so when you consider the cost. I had used the Fresco before which is similar to the old Classic, both of which are now discontinued. It was OK, but not what I consider top tier. I ended up including it in a PIF. Some of the other like XXX and Mudder Focker (really dislike the name) are also getting terrific reviews and feedback.

I had my 2nd shave with the new RR Artisan Classic and used a different brush. Quick, easy, thick, cushioning lather again. Of course, the Slim and GSB continue to hold up their end too. Nice smooth, close, nick free shave. They got it right.

As always, YMMV>

Bob

TommyDawg

Post by TommyDawg »

Bob, thanks for the reply. I had used the prior versions with a similar conclusion as you. They were good enough to stay in the rotation, but I was ready for something new and favored others instead. May have to give these artisans a try. Thanks..
Tom
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

I did my 3rd shave yesterday with the new Classic. Outstanding as expected.

I followed the RR Classic with Cella today to compare them. Most people would not pass a “Blind Shave Test” between the two. The RR Classic is a bit softer than Cella. They both produce very similar top quality thick, cushioning lather. The Red Tip and Platinum certainly did their part again. Great smooth, close, nick free shave.

TommyDawg

Post by TommyDawg »

That's a really nice looking red-tip, by the way! In great shape.
Tom
Bob in TX

Post by Bob in TX »

Thanks Tommy! I was in the right place at the right time. I just finished another 6 shaves with it using a Gillette Platinum. They were made for each other............