Lush shaving cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Re: Lush shaving cream

Post by brothers »

It seems one of the highlights of the performance of this brushless cream is how well it works with straight razors. Today's shave was further evidence of this characteristic. A good smooth shave with no nicks or cuts, and a bonus was the apparent absence of any irritation after the shave.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

The little black tub lasted 20 shaves before it expired. Every day was a good shave. All types of razors worked well.

Looking forward, as always, I will now return to the badger brush. An old Erskine (rebristled with a big TGN Silvertip knot) that belonged to my late dad. He probably used it about 30 years or so, up until the early '70s when it was replaced with an Ever Ready and a bowl of Old Spice. I'm going to be using a partially depleted tub of Proraso soap until it's all gone. It'll probably be about a month or thereabouts before the Proraso runs out.

Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
zeppelin55

Post by zeppelin55 »

I was in the Lush in Baltimore the other day and in their window they had a foaming strawberry shaving soap. I almost bought it. I don't know if it is intended to be applied with a brush or not, however, I know it will foam better when applied with a brush! A quick google search yielded a link calling it D'Fluff.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Strawberries! I've seen it on the website, next time I'm in the mall I'll check to see if they have it. I read the multiple reviews posted online, and almost all of the reviews are raves, and almost all of them are posted by females, a few of whom mention that their men really like it too. It says it foams, but I have my doubts about an actual lather. The ladies are saying a lot of good things about it. Might be fun to get one of the small tubs to check it out.
Gary

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Hmm, I have just the lady in mind.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

With a current update on the Lush shaving creams. My daughter gave me a couple (Ambrosia and Dirty) for father's day a while back and I've just recently decided to check it out again. This time I started on the Ambrosia. Of course I'm still using my General razor and the results have been good. The stuff is slick, and since there's no brushwork and lather, it's fast! Because my daughter gave it to me, I'm going to use it all up in the coming weeks.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Today marks 22 shaves on the bottle of Ambrosia. It'll probably go about 30 more. Good protection and slick.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

The Ambrosia brushless shaving cream ran out today after 49 shaves. It served me well.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Recently as I was traveling, I had the opportunity to use Lush's Dirty brushless shaving cream. I'm not sure whether or not Lush is still offering this particular product, but it is a very good cream.
Gary