Trouble uploading pictures

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Straight Arrow

Trouble uploading pictures

Post by Straight Arrow »

Hi Guys,

How does one go about adding a photo to his post? I'm having trouble.
Rich
brothers

Re: Trouble uploading pictures

Post by brothers »

There are apparently several ways, the one that currently happens to be working best for me is this. I downloaded Postimage to my PC. When I take a photo with my smart phone camera I email it to myself where I crop and resize, etc., and save it to a file on the PC. When I open Postimage, it allows me to browse for the photo I want to post on the website, and to select the options for posting. Postimage copies that photo and in the chosen format. Then I go to my posting, and on SMF I select "Img" from the toolbar and paste the photo in the appropriate location. That's when I click preview, and if I like the results, then I click submit and it's done. I make sure that I crop the photos I save to the PC to no more than 800 pixels on the longest side, and the photos turn out great. That's just my chosen way of doing it. I'm sure there are dozens of other methods, and I don't discourage anyone from doing things in the method that works best for them. Good luck!
Last edited by brothers on Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Re: Trouble uploading pictures

Post by jww »

Chris, what settings do you use for image resizing? I constantly struggle with getting the size right. Case in point my recent post of my newly acquired Rolls razor.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?