Eau Sauvage EDT vs EDP

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
John Parker

Eau Sauvage EDT vs EDP

Post by John Parker »

Curious if anyone here has experienced both versions of Eau Sauvage and it they could compare the two? Thanks!
John
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Re: Eau Sauvage EDT vs EDP

Post by Bargepole »

The Eau de Parfum, to my nose, is quite remarkably pointless and I can't imagine what they were thinking or who they were thinking of. The Far Eastern market, I suspect, which doesn't like anything remotely sensual -- "clean" and "fresh" are the key words. The Eau de Toilette isn't what it originally was, not at all, but it's better than the Eau de Parfum. But there are plenty of alternatives, much better. Annick Goutal's Eau de Sud, Ormonde Jayne Homme (or whatever she calls it) and Jo Malone Lime Basil & Mandarin are all clean and bracing but with some quality behind them. Even the immensely fugitive Blenheim Bouquet is rather more interesting. Personally I like the faintly balsamic note of the Penhaligon Douro Eau de Portugal and that would be my choice for something to replace the (original) Eau Sauvage -- different route but same destination: clean, masculine, refreshing, versatile but not in any way suggestive of the pleasures of the bed...
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

I would have given up 25 years of editing crapola, and I mean that in the nicest sense of the word, to have been your editor for one book, one page, a sentence . . .
Ron
Bargepole
Beam me up Scotty

Post by Bargepole »

rsp1202 wrote:I would have given up 25 years of editing crapola, and I mean that in the nicest sense of the word, to have been your editor for one book, one page, a sentence . . .
I take that very kindly, Ron, though of course I might equally well think "The unutterable blackguard wants to INTERFERE with me RHETORIC blast him". But I choose to take it as a compliment. If it was meant as one, we're both happy. If it was intended as an insult, then I'm happy anyway (because I took it as a compliment) and you're not happy, because your insult misfired and went THWOOMP in your face, like Yosemite Sam, and so that paid you out.

(I don't mean Yosemite Sam went THWOOMP in your face. I mean the insult went THWOOMP in your face like blunderbusses etc. went THWOOMP in Yosemite Sam's face. Just want to clarify that. Similes can so easily go THWOOMP in your face. Or, on this occasion, in my face.)
Michael

People say it's never too late. How wrong they are. --Felix Dennis
rsp1202

Post by rsp1202 »

Entirely complimentary, to be sure.
Ron
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes, I'm also impressed, it's hard to work THWOOMP into a sentence.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Michael's understanding of the subject at hand is second to none, and we're witness to his virtuoso talent for writing about his perceptions.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

Thank you, Michael! I now have an authoritative answer to my question!
John