Contax G2 AF Rangefinder & color film

Need help with a process of wetshaving? Wanna see pics or videos? Here is your Mecca!
Araner

Contax G2 AF Rangefinder & color film

Post by Araner »

I had previously posted some black & white photos that I took with my Contax G2. Here are some that I took using Fujicolor ISO 100 color print film.

The G2 is a really easy to use film camera and is so well made. The G2 was discontinued about a dozen years ago. I've always go my eye out for another used G2 body that is in mint condition at a reasonable price.

Best regards,
Mike
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: Contax G2 AF Rangefinder & color film

Post by drmoss_ca »

Very nice!

Chris
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

Very nice, as usual. I do not recognize the manufacturer's emblem on the hot pink car.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

More great shots, Mike. Thanks for posting them.

It is difficult to get film developed in Japan?

- Murray
Araner

Post by Araner »

drmoss_ca wrote:Very nice!

Chris
Thank you!

Regards,
Mike
Araner

Post by Araner »

brothers wrote:Very nice, as usual. I do not recognize the manufacturer's emblem on the hot pink car.
Gary, the pink car is a Toyota Crown. I don't know if it's exported to the United States. The Crown is Toyota's kind of Cadillac - very expensive and almost never seen in pink.

Regards,
Mike
Araner

Post by Araner »

CMur12 wrote:More great shots, Mike. Thanks for posting them.

It is difficult to get film developed in Japan?

- Murray
Murray, it is very easy to get color film developed here. When I drop off a roll of color film in town I can pick up the prints an hour later. I usually will drop off a roll or 2 after work, have a couple drinks at a local stand bar down the street and then go back and pick up the prints and negatives. All very civilized. Black & white has to be sent to a lab and takes a couple weeks to be processed.

Regards,
Mike
brothers

Post by brothers »

Araner wrote:
brothers wrote:Very nice, as usual. I do not recognize the manufacturer's emblem on the hot pink car.
Gary, the pink car is a Toyota Crown. I don't know if it's exported to the United States. The Crown is Toyota's kind of Cadillac - very expensive and almost never seen in pink.

Regards,
Mike
A Crown! I remember they once imported that model back in the early to mid-70's. Our dad had a body shop, and the (one and only) Toyota dealership (at that time) farmed all of their customer's body work to him. I worked for him at the time, and while parts for the lesser models (don't ask me to remember those names) were available with a little shipment time from such far-away places as Houston, etc. (the relatively closest seaport to OKC). A week or two to get body parts was normal. But not so for the Crown owners. Waiting time for some of those major body parts such as doors, hoods, deck lids, quarter panels, and obscure hidden parts such as inner fenders and such, and especially the chrome trim and emblems, etc., was on average at least 8 to 18 months. No joke. Wreck your Crown, and suddenly you have only the monthly payment and insurance to pay, but no car to drive!!! Those parts had to come from the factory in Japan, not from a warehouse, but coming off the assembly line. They would have to actually manufacture those piecemeal, on demand. Sometimes, after waiting what seemed to be a lifetime, the customers were told that their part had been discontinued, and they were just out of luck. There were some very disappointed Toyota customers during those days. Again, no joke. Ahh, the memories. :D
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Arresting photos as usual Mike. I must admit the Peking Duck looks very tempting.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

The waterfowl in flight just a few feet away is my favorite.
Gary