An Unusual Plisson

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
brothers

Re: An Unusual Plisson

Post by brothers »

Clive, I have no reason to disagree with your experiences with brushes, soap vs cream. I can say the Plissons seem to excel when used with creams, in my limited experience. I'm not saying they're not excellent with soaps. They are, as Buzz and others might verify. :)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
M6Classic
Location: Not as near Colonial Drug as when they were at Harvard Square, but near enough.

Post by M6Classic »

fallingwickets wrote:I think its hard to only use one brush, especially if you mix up soaps and creams everyday........might be becks induced imagination, but brushes that have seen a cream arent the same afterwards when used with a soap and so i have brushes for both creams and soaps and never shall they be mixed up :D :D :D Anyway, all this to say that I hope your plisson gets used more often but i understand -- in my own warped way -- if it doesnt :) :)

clive
I used one and only one brush for three decades, a #20 HMW in plexi. Okay, yes, I had a Simpson travel brush, too. Creams and soaps, but mostly soaps. No problems whatsoever. One needn't justify multiple brushes; they're each different, and if those differences bring you pleasure, why not?

Buzz
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

One needn't justify multiple brushes; they're each different, and if those differences bring you pleasure, why not?
83 thumbs up to the sentiment

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

fallingwickets wrote:
One needn't justify multiple brushes; they're each different, and if those differences bring you pleasure, why not?
83 thumbs up to the sentiment

clive
+1
Definitely! One could even argue the need for one different brush for every day of the month... :mrgreen:
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

One doesn't need a reason to buy another brush just some ready cash.
Regards,
Squire
formula1monaco

Post by formula1monaco »

Hi...I'm new to this group, and it seems awesome...Thank you for having me.

Hi...I know your post is very old, but I have a Rooney Style 2 Size 1, just like yours, and it is currently the only brush I have (have had it for 8 years, and still perfect)

I am in the market now to obtain a few more brushes (3-5), and having enjoyed my Rooney so much, but had nothing to compare it to, I thought it wise to join your group, and get honest, objective assistance / opinions firsthand, as opposed to speaking with vendors.

So, I'm looking at Thater 2-band silvertip, Plisson HMW size 12, and I'd like an excellent Simpson.

Do you have an opinion on the Plisson High Mountain White vs their European White...most of the pics I see display the European White having obvious whiter bristles than the High Mountain White...could that be simply the ones I see are not characteristic? Do you know the difference in quality / attributes between HMW vs European White? Are they equally excellent, with their own individual virtues? Or, is the HMW indeed a superior bristle than EW?

Do you have an opinion of Simpson stubby vs Rooney Stubby (both size 3..largest)

Thanks in advance,
Kenny
formula1monaco