Good lavender scents?

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Squire
Squadron Leader

Re: Good lavender scents?

Post by Squire »

Pete I would use it, cheerfully, it ain't holy water.
Regards,
Squire
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

:D :D :D :D
Ouchmychin (Pete)
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

EL Alamein wrote:
John Parker wrote:Did you smell the lavender fragrances? How were they? At the moment I am primarily looking for an aftershave splash. I mentioned to them that I would like some idea of the differences between French and English lavenders, seeing they only had French listed on their site, but the rep said she would send a sample of both French and English. So guess they have English hidden away somewhere. We shall see.
John, I'll be interested in your thoughts on these.

Chris
Received samples of English and French lavender aftershaves Friday, and used the English following my shave this morning. The samples are in small, wand-applicator vials; they don't contain much. Sniff test indicates that the English is the more floral of the two; French has some herbiness to it though both seem mild. Did the best I could splashing it on from the small vial this morning. The fragrance did not last at all; was overpowered by my Caron Pour Un Homme edt. And I can't honestly say that the aftershave element did anything to make my face feel better/different. I had emailed Bourbon French for a list of ingredients; haven't received it yet.
John
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

John Parker wrote:
EL Alamein wrote:
John Parker wrote:Did you smell the lavender fragrances? How were they? At the moment I am primarily looking for an aftershave splash. I mentioned to them that I would like some idea of the differences between French and English lavenders, seeing they only had French listed on their site, but the rep said she would send a sample of both French and English. So guess they have English hidden away somewhere. We shall see.
John, I'll be interested in your thoughts on these.

Chris
Received samples of English and French lavender aftershaves Friday, and used the English following my shave this morning. The samples are in small, wand-applicator vials; they don't contain much. Sniff test indicates that the English is the more floral of the two; French has some herbiness to it though both seem mild. Did the best I could splashing it on from the small vial this morning. The fragrance did not last at all; was overpowered by my Caron Pour Un Homme edt. And I can't honestly say that the aftershave element did anything to make my face feel better/different. I had emailed Bourbon French for a list of ingredients; haven't received it yet.
John, thanks for this, much appreciated.

Chris
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

List of aftershave ingredients proved to be alcohol and scent; nothing more.
John
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Sounds like gin.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

John Parker wrote:List of aftershave ingredients proved to be alcohol and scent; nothing more.
Unscented makes a good all occasion preparation.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Unscented scent? Seems rather pointless.
Regards,
Squire
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

Just ordered some lavender aftershave splash from Ginger's Garden. Will see what happens. Interestingly she has four varieties of lavender. While it apparently typically comes with menthol, I opted out of that option.
John
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

John, please let us know how you fair.

Chris
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

Received Ginger's Garden High Altitude French Lavender Aftershave (ordered without menthol) yesterday, and used it for the first time this morning. The scent is wonderful; floral with very little herbal qualities. I do not believe that it is terribly long lasting, but blended well with my Caron Pour Homme edt. Do not think the scent is terribly long lasting, though I might still be smelling some after about five hours. The aftershave also contains (I believe) witchhazel and aloe. The post-application feeling is somewhat tacky, but not much. All-in-all I am quite pleased.
John
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I might need to give it a try. I have some Caron Les Tres Homme cologne. Not sure it would match.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

John, thanks. This stuff sounds interesting and I may give it a go this Spring.

Chris
John Parker

Post by John Parker »

Ouchmychin wrote:I might need to give it a try. I have some Caron Les Tres Homme cologne. Not sure it would match.
I don't remember ever trying Caron Les Tres Homme, so can't be of help. Except to say that Ginger's has four varieties of lavender aftershave. The High Altitude I received is sweet and floral for the most part. Can you can get them with or without menthol at your option. And I really don't think the scent of the one I have is tremendously long-lasting or over-powering, so not sure I'd worry about a clash.
John
worthy_sam

Post by worthy_sam »

My Favorite is Vintage Floris Lavender Toilet Water. It is a cut above any other Lavender fragrance I have ever used.

The other two I also like are Guerlain Mouchoir de Monsieur & Eau d'Hermes.
blantyre

Post by blantyre »

I was lucky enough to score 3 bottles of the old Atkinsons on ebay today - I got 2 with the pink top and one with the black top (not sure if they are different, the bottles look otherwise the same). There are a few left if anyone is looking for the old formulation as used to be sold by Cambridge. I'm very pleased - this is still my favorite and not too expensive.
Rick