Custom pieces at Elite Razor

This forum can be used by individuals who wish to post links or reviews about wet shaving merchandisers. It can also be used by businesses who wish to promote their goods or post special offers!
eskimo

Custom pieces at Elite Razor

Post by eskimo »

Welcome to Elite Razor. We have a number of custom Merkur razors, as well as brushes and accessories available. Please let me know if you see a piece in the Gallery that is of interest and I can build your custom razor or brush for you.

Below is a Merkur 38C with a handle made of Bethlehem Olive wood.

This 34C has a handle made of Damascus Steel.

Thanks for looking.
Bob Quinn

www.eliterazor.com
Roswell, GA
itsmedave

Post by itsmedave »

Those are amazing pieces.
timthepenman

Post by timthepenman »

fantastic looking razor's Bob! Is the first one Bethlehem Olive??
Tim
fall down 7, get up 8 !
rpk

Post by rpk »

Was just checking the site. Very nice work! Really like the stone handles on the brushes and razors.
-Rich
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Have you considered also selling just the handles? The threads should fit almost all 3-piece razor heads.
eskimo

New pieces added

Post by eskimo »

I've recently completed a number of new items that will be listed on my site shortly. If any of these items are of interest to you, please PM me.

Merkur 34C with a Chrysocolla Handle

24mm Silvertip brush with a Malachite handle

24mm Silvertip brush with a Bloodwood handle

Merkur 38C with a Python skin handle

24mm Silvertip brush with a Blue Lapis handle

In addition to the shaving equipment, I have also been adding several of my custom pens for sale. Below is a Damascus Steel fountain pen.

As always, thanks so much for looking and please let me know if you have any questions about my work.

Bob
Bob Quinn

www.eliterazor.com
Roswell, GA
Esoteric83

Post by Esoteric83 »

That damascus one is very nice. How heavy is it?
slantman

Post by slantman »

Pauldog wrote:Have you considered also selling just the handles? The threads should fit almost all 3-piece razor heads.
I once had a handle made to my specs from Elite. I didn't have to buy anything else.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I love them all, especially the steel handles. Are they heavy? I like heavier handles.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
eskimo

Post by eskimo »

brothers wrote:I love them all, especially the steel handles. Are they heavy? I like heavier handles.
I strive to maintain the same weight distribution as the factory. As the core on the 2-piece razor needs to be hollow, the weight differential isn't that great, perhaps .05 to .1 ounce heavier.
Bob Quinn

www.eliterazor.com
Roswell, GA
eskimo

Custom Edwin Jagger razors

Post by eskimo »

I have recently added Edwin Jagger custom razors in addition to the Merkur line. Below are the first to come out of the shop, with more to follow. The finished razor is right at 4" in overall length.

Malachite handle

Tourmaline laced Quartz handle

Bethlehem Olive wood handle

These razors are each offered at a cost of $85. If you are interested, please PM me. Also, if there is a specific wood or stone that may be of interest, please let me know.

Thanks for looking,

Bob
Bob Quinn

www.eliterazor.com
Roswell, GA
river1

Post by river1 »

Nicely done, Bob, I like the damascus pen and the malachite brush =D>
Nothing will be accomplished if first all objections must be overcome...
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

Beautiful Work Bob!
http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
eskimo

Re: Custom pieces at Elite Razor

Post by eskimo »

I've been working with a couple of different resins and have finished several brush and razor handles. These are available on my site, along with many others, at http://www.eliterazor.com.

All the brushes are shown with a 24mm Silvertip knot, set at a 50mm loft

9985.jpg
9985.jpg (24.49 KiB) Viewed 5220 times
9987.jpg
9987.jpg (24.01 KiB) Viewed 5220 times
9972.jpg
9972.jpg (22.73 KiB) Viewed 5220 times
9986.jpg
9986.jpg (25.42 KiB) Viewed 5220 times
The pieces in the set shown below are listed separately. If you are interested in a set, please let me know and I can bundle them together. The 3-piece handle shown below is fitted with an Edwin Jagger DE-89 head.
9985SS.jpg
9985SS.jpg (27.19 KiB) Viewed 5220 times
As always, thanks for looking,

Bob[/size]
Bob Quinn

www.eliterazor.com
Roswell, GA
eskimo

Post by eskimo »

I have just completed a few new pieces, as shown below. These, and many more pieces are available on my site at http://www.eliterazor.com.

Wild Horse Jasper - 110mm overall height with a 24mm Silvertip knot set at a 50mm loft.

Wild Horse Jasper is associated with the birthstone month of January. Wild Horse Jasper is named for the location where it is mined, at the Wild Horse Canyon in Oregon. It belongs to the family of quartz. The name is Greek in origin, meaning “spotted or speckled stone” and Jasper was a favorite gemstone of ancient times and can be traced back to Greek, Hebrew, Persian, Latin, and Assyrian literature. In mythology, Jasper is said to have powers to keep evil and fatal insect or reptile bites at bay. This particularly handsome Wild Horse Jasper stone is prized for its' crimson and jet black veins.

9989-s.jpg
9989-s.jpg (11.4 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
Copper Laced Onyx - 110mm overall height with a 24mm Silvertip knot set at a 50mm loft.

Copper Laced Onyx is a member of the chalcedony family which also includes carnelian, agate, bloodstone, etc. Occurring naturally in a variety of colors, black onyx is polished to enhance appearance, a member of the quartz family. The name comes from the Greek word onyx which means nail of a finger or claw. Legend says that one day while Venus was sleeping Eros/Cupid cut her fingernails and left the clippings scattered on the ground. Because no part of a heavenly body can die, the gods turned them into stone which later became known as Onyx.
9991-s.jpg
9991-s.jpg (10.61 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
Olive Wood - 110mm overall height with a 24mm Silvertip knot set at a 50mm loft.

Olive wood is widely cultivated in sub-tropical areas of Europe, Africa and the Middle East for its fruit. The wood is hard, heavy and strong. It may be straight-grained or interlocked, often with distinctive swirling colors of tan, brown and black. Olive wood is highly regarded for furniture, bowls and utensils. The wood works beautifully and is well suited for wood turning.
9988-s.jpg
9988-s.jpg (10.95 KiB) Viewed 5193 times
As always, thanks for looking,

Bob[/size]
Bob Quinn

www.eliterazor.com
Roswell, GA
eskimo

Post by eskimo »

hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and I wish you a happy New Year.

I have just added quite a few new brushes to my site at http://www.eliterazor.com, as well as added a category under Shaving Brushes that shows many of the brush shapes I regularly build. Please let me know if I can build a brush for you.

Larimar
10297a.jpg
10297a.jpg (27.02 KiB) Viewed 3951 times
Prism
10298a.jpg
10298a.jpg (25.99 KiB) Viewed 3951 times
Copper Laced Quartz
10299a.jpg
10299a.jpg (27.56 KiB) Viewed 3951 times
Black and Silver Swirl
10300d.jpg
10300d.jpg (27.26 KiB) Viewed 3951 times