TABAC AFTER SHAVE

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Shave4Fun

TABAC AFTER SHAVE

Post by Shave4Fun »

Got my first bottle today. My son got it for me and it came from Amazon. The top was loose so about 1/4 had spilled. (That's odd because I know it comes from Germany. Maybe someone had to sniff it and didn't get it back on tight.) At any rate, Amazon gave a full refund and said to keep the rest. Okay by me. The box smells great! We'll se about it on my skin tomorrow. :)
Roger

I've been a wet shaver for 56 years! 8)
pausted

Re: TABAC AFTER SHAVE

Post by pausted »

Roger, hope you like it. I'm a fan of Tabac A/S. I've had comments from folks about how nice it smells. In fact, I think I'll use it tomorrow. :D
Best regards,

Basil
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

I wish I could wear Tabac. I like the scent well enough in the bottle but when I put it on it just doesn't work with my chemistry.
Regards,
Squire
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

I took advantage of last months Perfumeria's sale.I got 2 big bottles for $26 shipped.It smells nothing like the soap !...To my schnozz it smells like an old ladies purse,it's just not something I could wear,trading one today,and hope I can trade the remaining one soon !
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I had 2 bottles of the cologne. I used one up and gave the second to my son-in-law. He couldn't wear it. Gave him a headache or something.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

Tabac is a wonderful scent and I like it best when the weather turns cold. October is about right for wearing it, for me.

The aftershave is not to my liking as much as the cologne but it still smells nice.

I will say this though, that the version we have today is not the same as it was decades ago. I was fortunate enough to score a vintage bottle of the cologne (from the 1960's, I believe) and it is wonderful. It's got notes that the current version does not. The versions are somewhat similar but not enough to be considered the same IMHO.

If you ever get the chance to acquire a vintage sealed cologne bottle I think it would be to your liking.

Chris
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

I have used it a couple of times & like it. I also agree that it could be better in the fall or winter.
Roger

stagger

Post by stagger »

Tabac after shave is one of my favorites. So is Tabac shave soap.
Regards,
Mark -
Shave4Fun

Post by Shave4Fun »

stagger wrote:Tabac after shave is one of my favorites. So is Tabac shave soap.
Agreed!
Roger