What bath soap are you using right now?

Ok, so we've got shaving all taken care of but what about that hair and the rest of your face? Get the low down on shampoo's, conditioners, finishers, cleansers, toners and moisturizers right here!
Rufus

Re: What bath soap are you using right now?

Post by Rufus »

fallingwickets wrote:
the MWF bar we started
still the best soap out there and the only one, in my experience anyway, that is worth every penny

clive
Hey Clive, doesn't sound as though you're very enamoured of Cussons Imperial Leather, then.
Bryan
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Bryan, I dont know if I bought the right version, but after the first puck was done with I was glad to go back to mwf. The scent was ok, and lathering was ok but i never really left the shower feeling blinking clean, cant explain it, and quite possibly, its becks induced imagination running amok. :D

there are 11(?) pucks left....if anyone here wants them, shipping is on me

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Thalay Sagar

Post by Thalay Sagar »

Tim's Soap Hill Country Morning
Best,
Chris

“Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?”
― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

fallingwickets wrote:Bryan, I dont know if I bought the right version, but after the first puck was done with I was glad to go back to mwf. The scent was ok, and lathering was ok but i never really left the shower feeling blinking clean, cant explain it, and quite possibly, its becks induced imagination running amok. :D

there are 11(?) pucks left....if anyone here wants them, shipping is on me

clive
Thanks Clive and I'm sorry to hear that CIL hasn't worked for you. It is a classic case of YMWV; SWMBO and I have been using CIL for as long as we can remember and it is our go to bath soap. We've tried many, many other bath soaps, including MWF, but nothing compares with CIL in our estimation. Since you still have 11 bars, why not try another one before disposing of the remainder.
Bryan
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

brothers wrote:Today I started a new bar of Swedish Dream Sea Salt Soap. Supposedly for shaving and/or bath. A thoughtful gift and I did attempt to lather it with a shaving brush. I know I could have shaved with it, but it's more convenient to use it up in the shower. I was surprised to find out that this bar of soap has actual grains of sea salt throughout. An abrasive of sorts. It did great in the shower.
Indeed, this stuff is excellent shower soap, but from my experience, I found it utterly useless for shaving.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Rufus wrote:
fallingwickets wrote:
the MWF bar we started
still the best soap out there and the only one, in my experience anyway, that is worth every penny

clive
Hey Clive, doesn't sound as though you're very enamoured of Cussons Imperial Leather, then.
Have at least another few days' worth of showering with the bar we started 3 weeks ago ...... Knowing how my wife rotates bars, I expect IL will be next.
Wendell

brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm 4 days into a big bar of mentholated soap from COBigelow, they call it Mentha.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Broke out a bar of Floris Edwardian Bouquet for the bath. Surprising what you find when digging around in the storage boxes.
Regards,
Squire
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Confiança Honey soap for a couple of weeks now - almost done with it!
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Getting reacquainted with Floris Edwardian Bouquet, really nice stuff.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

This morning I started a new bar of CO Bigelow's Eucalyptus bath soap. This one does not contain menthol, nor does it contain the mild abrasive found in the Swedish Dream and Bigelow Mentha soaps.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yardley Verbena this morning, pleasant citrus notes.
Regards,
Squire
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

jww wrote: ..... Knowing how my wife rotates bars, I expect IL will be next.
As I suspected, IL found it's way into our shower stall a day or two before we left for our annual summer holiday in Southern Maine. Love this stuff ..... absolutely love it.
Wendell

brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm surprised by the longevity of the CO Bigelow Eucalyptus bath soap. It's a big bar, and so far it's seen everyday shower duty for a full 3 weeks, and still hasn't started the "death spiral" of bath soaps when they start to bend and break and withering away.
Gary

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Floris Edwardian Bouquet, very nice.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Eucalyptus COBigelow went away yesterday, finally. Today I started with a huge bar of Nancy Boy bath soap, Signature scented.
Gary

TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Nancy Boy is fine stuff, Gary. I'm fond of the Blossomwood and especially the Sweetgrass myself.

I've been using up an EO soap I made - lavender, cedar, and patchouli with some accents.

I've also been rotating through a bunch of soaps I acquired in a swap on a soapmaking board. 15 of us contributed bars, so I've got a serious assortment of good stuff still to work through. Used a soap with beer as the liquid in place of water today. Peppermint, lavender, and cedar for scent. Terrific stuff.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
preidy

Post by preidy »

Stirling BarberShop. I rotate between that and Sharp Dressed Man. I leave the soap out in the open and the bathroom smells great all the time.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

What else but Cussons Imperial Leather.
Bryan
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Ach Brito Verbena.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage