Taylor #74

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Taylor #74

Post by fallingwickets »

quick and probably silly question......lost the cap to my bottle of #74. How much deterioration, if any, am I looking at without a cap?

thanks

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Rufus

Re: Taylor #74

Post by Rufus »

My bottle of 74 has a shaker insert in the opening. If yours has one you could plug the small hole with a round toothpick or wooden match. Otherwise you could fashion a stopper from a cork or wooden dowel. In either case this would mimimise evaporation.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Great suggestion. A plug of some sort would be ideal, no matter how large or small the opening. You can find something that will work. My hardware store has a variety of stoppers, probably rubber, and maybe cork also.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

You mean how long before it will all evaporate? I would definitely plug it Clive, or pour into another bottle.
Regards,
Squire
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks gents....info shared is appreciated

clive

p.s. this is the 2nd bottle lost to 'construction' .......Im jinxed :D
Big Swifty

Post by Big Swifty »

Clive, I have an almost empty bottle of the 74, I can mail you the cap if you want it, some of the silver plating has come off of it so cosmetically its not perfect but useful in its purpose nonetheless... its yours if you want it
~Steve

~proponent of a strong salvation army, born again Calvinist, cunning linguist, flaming heterosexual

"Life is too short to drink shitty beer"
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Thanks for the very generous offer, Steve....very thoughtful of you. I'm leaving it open :shock: ....i actually like the way the bathroom smells with the cap off :)

clive
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

So, the construction gods took care of this issue for me once and for all.......Tile mechanic was prepping the floor for tile and I guess the vibration from the nail gun they were using sent the bottle crashing to the ground. :shock: That was my last bottle of the original..paging Phil, come in phil haha

clive

p.s the only positive is that it really masks the smell of the paint fumes