Mr Sidney's Original

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
Laage

Mr Sidney's Original

Post by Laage »

I've been looking at the TOBS Mr Sidney Original After Shave and I generally find the description interesting though I'm a bit wary of the mention of Patchouli.

It's in stock at a vendor I'm planning a purchase with but I can't find it on the TOBS web site. Has it been discontinued, or am I worse at this new fangled web browsing than I thought?

What are your impressions, good or bad of this scent? And is it worth picking up a bottle?
Laage
EL Alamein

Re: Mr Sidney's Original

Post by EL Alamein »

Laage,

Don't know if it's been discontinued. But I smelled it many years ago in a shop. It struck me as very similar to TOBS Mr. Taylor scent. Both are herbal and seem to have a lot notes in common but are subtly different. To me it is a good scent as I like the Mr. Taylor's.

If you can get a hold of a sample that would be ideal.

Good luck!

Chris
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Laage I liked it well enough to finish the bottle (which is a big one) but not enough to replace it. A scent of it's time, which is to say somewhat subtle, citrusy, earthy, that projects nicely without being intrusive, but is not long lasting. Just the sort of thing one would typically find in a barber shop 50 years ago. Discontinued now, it might be worth acquiring because it will disappear once current stocks are sold.

It's relatively inexpensive and comes in a large bottle, which makes it somewhat of a value, yet if you don't much care for it you've got 8 ounces left. Could be used up scenting home made soap perhaps.
Regards,
Squire
Laage

Post by Laage »

Thank you Chris and Squire.
I ended up buying it as I was ordering other stuff at the time, and it was not expensive for what you get. Besides, I seem to have a thing for some of the classic barber shop scents, so it seemed worth a try.
I picked the package up today, and from the quick sniff from the bottle, I'm pretty sure I won't regret it.
Laage
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Ah, glad you like it, a good example of it's type.
Regards,
Squire