what happened to this razor? I'm looking for it.

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
charleshinkle

what happened to this razor? I'm looking for it.

Post by charleshinkle »

i have been looking for this razor for years does anyone know who bought it or where one can be found.

The holy grail of razors.JPG
The holy grail of razors.JPG (59.24 KiB) Viewed 3566 times
Straight Arrow

Re: what happened to this razor? I'm looking for it.

Post by Straight Arrow »

Have not seen one of those...ever. Is it a slant? Appears to be.
Rich
brothers

Post by brothers »

Charles, I received your PM about wanting to locate the individual to whom I sold it a while back. I'm not sure I can locate him, but I'll try to devote a bit of time and investigation to the project in the next few days. Might be a while, we've got family in town for Thanksgiving, and all the fun activities the holiday entails. I'll let you know if I have any success. PS: This Mulcuto was an excellent shaving tool.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Charles, it appears to be a daunting task for me to try to track down the buyer of the Mulcuto. Where did you get my photo? Can you send me a link? Maybe a date would be helpful. I believe it was sold in 2012. Paypal has made it rather difficult to download transaction records older than 2 years.

There is one thing I want to say to you --- even if I find out who bought it, I would not simply give you that person's name or any contact information. What if someone wanted to track someone down for less than honorable intent? Even if I had the information, the only thing I would do would be to send that individual your communications with me and your personal contact information and let him or her decide whether or not they wanted to communicate with you. I have no obligation in this matter. Frankly, your communications by post and PM seem to be a bit brusque and impersonal, considering what you are asking me to do as a personal favor to you.

I found this razor by searching ebay France. Neither the seller or I had any clue as to what it was. It was only after I had received it that I was able to dig out the information regarding the design and the brand, and the fact that it had won an award for innovative design back in the 1930's.

Bottom line, I'm not doing anything right now to find out anything about who bought it, just so you know. Best regards.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Raze R. Blade

Post by Raze R. Blade »

charleshinkle wrote:i have been looking for this razor for years does anyone know who bought it or where one can be found.
Sure, Google is your friend. Google on "Mulcuto razor", and then click on Images when the results appear: https://goo.gl/svvvZf. Look at the images that look like the Mulcuto slant you are seeking. Clicking on them will take you to the web pages where the images were originally posted. Contact the poster with an offer he can't refuse. If the razor was sold, ask if the seller still has the contact information for the buyer. It does not look like the Mulcuto razors are terribly rare. Since it is German-made, searching on the Gut Rasiert forum for Mulcutos should be helpful: https://goo.gl/Hb2nnC.

A prolific manufacturer, to say the least.
brothers

Post by brothers »

In this case, the gentleman who is asking the question already knows I had the razor and I sold it. Please read my post from 2 days ago, just above yours. He got the photo from one of my posts, and he has already sent me a PM several days ago wanting to know who I sold it to. He hasn't posted since, but if he wants my help, he's got to give me the link where I sold the razor, so I can go through the paypal records. I have also clearly told him I will never disclose other people's confidential personal contact information for obvious reasons. All I will ever do is give this guy's contact information (provided he chooses to give it to me!) to the person who bought it from me, so the buyer can decide to contact him -- or not! This particular SMF member has only posted once, demanding to know if anybody on SMF happens to know the identity of the person who bought my razor! Obviously, he's hoping the buyer was also a member of SMF and if they see it they might respond directly, without hassling me. Yes, it's a hassle. :D
Gary

charleshinkle

Post by charleshinkle »

sorry i've been busy as well. i believe i was reading the post a year or two ago when i seen that you posted you sold it. it was on this website i will try to find when you said that. i thought maybe you sold it to a friend or something. if i find the date of the post i will pm you. i just remember the original post and i thought its the most beautiful razor i had ever seen. i've never seen another like it. i will try to figure some more info out and thank you for helping, i wasn't sure if you still got on here or not.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Good luck in your mission. I admire your persistence. I'd still suggest checking ebay France, and possibly other countries in that region. Paul Muller and Co. was established in Solingen Germany. In 1932 the razor was awarded the London Award for Design.
Gary