Razorock Plissoft Monster synthetic brush

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
brothers

Razorock Plissoft Monster synthetic brush

Post by brothers »

This one arrived yesterday, and was my brush of the day this morning. Joseph has these on sale at a great price. It's substantial in size. The brush head is amply packed and measures right at 28mm x 60mm. It's a good brush. I'm looking forward to using it for several days, in lieu of the most recent Shave Revolution synthetic. Still a 60mm loft, but not as amply packed and about a 26mm plug.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ouchmychin

Re: Razorock Plissoft Monster synthetic brush

Post by Ouchmychin »

Thanks Gary. I ordered one yesterday. Give us any update reviews, please. It will be my first synthetic so I can't compare it to others.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Since Gary hasn't fot his review posted yet, I will say that I have used mine twice and It has been so good that I could live without ever rotating to my collection of badgers or the Semoque boar. It is bulky dry, but it picks up plenty of water to really build up a face lather. I find the tips softer than badgers and the backbone mid ground: not as stiff as my wld Simpson Duke 2, or as floppy as my Tone's or boar. I like the fact that it did not scratch like my Omega black best. All this for a total investment of about $17.50.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

Pete, I've been so pleased with the Monster synthetic brush that I haven't remembered to do a review. My opinion is the same as yours. The width and loft are perfect for me. Great brush at an unbelievable price. I've been using it every day and not giving any other brushes a second thought. I didn't know what to expect with the handle, and it turns out to have been an excellent choice for this brush. This is a real everyday shaving brush for real everyday men. We can forget the old fashioned snobbery and prejudice that tends to keep the other-fiber brushes alive.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
mrjediconsular

Post by mrjediconsular »

I was considering the plissoft as my first brush. Maybe once I get done learning to lather and get BAD symptoms :wink: I will pick it up
Jordan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

It turns out it's a great face-lathering brush also.
Gary

ceb21

Post by ceb21 »

I should get my
Razorock Plissoft Monster synthetic brush sometime this week. =D>
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Ceb21, welcome to SMF and congratulations on the purchase of a new brush!

- Murray
razorwhiz

Post by razorwhiz »

What do guys think of the handle.? I have heard some say the handle is not very good.
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

The handle I have is nicely finished and looks just like the picture brothers posted.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

razorwhiz wrote:What do guys think of the handle.? I have heard some say the handle is not very good.
The handle is excellent. As is the most important component, the synthetic fibers. And the price - It's $10 plus shipping. =D>
Gary

Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

Any reviews comparing this to the Stirling Kong? It is $17 and $4 for shipping

Razorock seems to be out of the Plisson. I have a Edwin Jagger because the Plisson they had a L'Occitane was very small. Even though I sport a beard now, I want the face feel and dont mind lathering over the beard. I could get a large and a small for half the price of my EJ
pausted

Post by pausted »

Sam, I can't compare them because I don't have the Razorock. I do, however, own the Stirling Kong. Its a great brush. It lathers both soaps and creams with ease and is soft on the face. I recommend it highly.
Best regards,

Basil
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I just got three synthetic brushes from the Italian Barber: Plissoft IVORY 22 Synthetic Shaving Brush (22mm knot), (Bruce Handle) RazoRock Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush (24mm knot), and RazoRock Chrome Silvertip Plissoft Synthetic Shaving Brush (24mm knot). I'll probably try them in the order I listed them.

- Murray
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

use in good health Murray.....looking forward to reading your 'review' :) Personally the big brushes hold no allure for me because they are just too hard to use with the packaged soaps
de gustibus non est disputandum
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks, Clive. My preferred size knot in badger and boar is 20 - 22mm. I've bought synthetic brushes of older technology in the past that seemed like they might work a little better with a larger knot. I've also seen posts suggesting that here. These brushes were so reasonably priced, that I thought I would go ahead and get both sizes (22 and 24mm) and give them a try. Anything larger than these, however, is out of the question for me.

- Murray
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

I used the Plissoft IVORY 22 Synthetic Shaving Brush (22mm knot) tonight and it reminded me of an earlier Omega synthetic, as it was resistant to splaying like a brush with natural hair or bristle. The resultant lather looked good, but it didn't offer much lubricity or other protection. I might need a little more experience with this brush for a final assessment. My HJM Black Fibre brush with a 19mm knot splays better than this one.

- Murray
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I wish someone with both a Monster and one of the smaller knots would compare the brushes. I haven't got both but my Monster is, for me, better than any bristle or boar brush I have ever owned.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Post by Sam »

I have the Distributor and still prefer my EJ synthetic. Be glad to make a deal for it and some creams.