Oddball Shave Brush

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
bean44

Oddball Shave Brush

Post by bean44 »

Quik-Shave Brush (3).JPG
Quik-Shave Brush (3).JPG (555.53 KiB) Viewed 4405 times
Quik-Shave Brush (3).JPG
Quik-Shave Brush (3).JPG
Quik-Shave Brush (3).JPG
Just acquired this Quik-Shave Brush yesterday and have never seen one of these before. Any help on the value, type of liquid to use in the bottle and collector advice is appreciated. The bottle says Quik Products Co. Queens Village 29, N Y
Attachments
Quik-Shave Brush (5).JPG
Quik-Shave Brush (5).JPG (294.14 KiB) Viewed 4405 times
EL Alamein

Re: Oddball Shave Brush

Post by EL Alamein »

If I'm interpreting this right it kinda reminds me of the old Gillette "Brush Plus" product from the 1980's.

Chris
brothers

Post by brothers »

Welcome to SMF bean44, I saw your more detailed 1-7-16 post on Badger and Blade, with more photos, regarding this brush. Beyond that, there just doesn't seem to be any information out there, other than the Gillette brush, mentioned above. Good luck with your quest for information. More importantly, I'm curious about how well the self-lathering brush works in real time. Please let us know, after you've used it a few times.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Batman9402

Post by Batman9402 »

Interesting brush for sure
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Yes bean, welcome aboard.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Unfortunately, the gentleman hasn't been back since. I wanted to see if he was able to figure out how to use that unique brush as it was intended.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
nicodemus38

Post by nicodemus38 »

I believe the style of brush works like a glue brush with a built in glue reservoir. bottle is filled with a really thin soap concentrate solution, say like liquid handsoap, and it flows out through the brush.

its a beautiful concept for the company selling the liquid.