Cologne/Aftershave of the Day

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
churchilllafemme

Re: Cologne/Aftershave of the Day

Post by churchilllafemme »

Aramis Tuscany splash aftershave. Leather, wood, spices, and citrus. Officially classified as a fougere, but I find it to be similar to colonias, and I pair it with Acqua di Parma shaving soap. The scent was launched in 1984. Top notes are lime, lavender, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are caraway, orange blossom, tarragon and anise; base notes are leather, sandalwood, tonka bean, patchouli, cinnamon, basil and oakmoss. Light, invigorating and soothing, it holds its fragrance for me for around 2 hours.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Country Club for Men Classic Fougère aftershave. It does not have the depth or Parisian complexity of Houbigant, but it is quite pleasant.
_______
John
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Myrsol Agua Balsamica
churchilllafemme

Santa Maria Novella Emulsione Analcolia. "Astringent, refreshing and soothing, this emulsion helps combat the effects of razor burn with its olive oil, witch hazel extract and elastin formula. Good especially for sensitive and irritated skin."
Although not thick, it's a relatively heavy balm and is quite soothing. Its scent resembles that of SMN Colonia Russa. At its relatively high price, it is not one I'll buy again.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Azzaro Pour Homme splash aftershave. It is described as an aromatic fougere fragrance, launched in 1978. Azzaro pour Homme was created by Gerard Anthony, Martin Heiddenreich and Richard Wirtz. Top notes are caraway, iris, lavender, clary sage, basil, anise, bergamot and lemon; middle notes are sandalwood, juniper berries, patchouli, vetiver, cedar and cardamom; base notes are leather, tonka bean, amber, musk and oakmoss. It has a deep, subtle, complex scent to me. An herbal and floral mix with an "old man" opening, it has been called a barbershop scent by a number of users. Longevity is only 1-2 hours. I have used it only a couple times so far, but I am liking it more and more.
_______
John
brothers

Post by brothers »

Superior 70 Mentholated splash
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
churchilllafemme

Dolce & Gabbana Pour Homme aftershave. Launched in 1994, this fragrance is "relaxing and slightly herbal, but very masculine. It starts off with refreshing and energizing citrus notes of bergamot, tangerine, orange, and lemon leaves. Its aromatic heart combines the sharpness and freshness of lavender, naturalness of sage with intense and powerful notes of cardamom reinforced by pepper in all its boldness. Its warm base includes cedar, tonka bean, sandalwood and musk." It is classical and complex, a cologne-type aftershave. For me it is soothing and has no bite, and its scent lasts a couple hours.
_______
John
jaguar

Post by jaguar »

Castle Forbes Lavender AS Balm
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

ACO Rakvatten
churchilllafemme

Creed Original Santal, a men's oriental fragrance "inspired by the royal and spiritual splendor of India. The essence of precious sandalwood trees from India is combined with other elements known for beautiful scent, spiritual strength and calming power.

"Top notes include Indian sandalwood, cinnamon, coriander and fragrant juniper berry. The middle notes consist of lavender, leaves of the absolute orange tree, rosemary and ginger. The base is composed of tonka bean and vanilla. Original Santal was launched in 2005. It was created by Olivier Creed, sixth generation, and Erwin Creed, seventh generation." This is a very deep, complex, sweet sandalwood fragrance, one of the all-time greats. And fortunately, my skin tolerates it (so far), which is very rare for eau de toilettes and colognes.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Aromatic with a touch of fougere, Penhaligon's Lords splash aftershave is a classic. This scent was originally created in 1911 for Percy Croft of the Croft Port Dynasty. Released to the public in the eighties with the name Lords, in 2004, the fragrance was named Douro after Portugal's famous port region. In 2009 the fragrance packaging was changed and the scent was renamed Douro Eau de Portugal." An "old-school" fragrance, it has been described as having a clean, soapy scent, elegant and restrained but warm and comfortable. There is initial citrus dominance, followed by an herbal dry bitterness. This original Lords scent is said to be richer than the modern Douro.

Top notes are lemon, lime, mandarin, bergamot, lavender, and basil; heart notes are neroli and muguet; and base notes are labdanum, oakmoss, musk, and sandalwood.

_______
John
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Floid Vigoroso
TheMonk

Post by TheMonk »

Pen's Sartorial.
David

“Use any means to keep from being a genius, all means to become one.” John Cage
jaguar

Post by jaguar »

Penhaligon's Blenheim Bouquet EdT
churchilllafemme

Floris Santal splash aftershave. Launched in 2002, Santal is smooth, warm, and masculine. Top notes are Sicilian bergamot and Provencal lavender; heart notes are black peppercorns, Zanzibar clove buds, and cardamom; and base notes are patchouli and tree moss. On me the scent lasts around 3 hours and is fairly close on the skin.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

eShave Almond aftershave cream, originally just purchased out of curiosity. It has an almond scent that is somewhat too sweet, not one of the best, but the cream is extremely soothing, partially due to its shea butter.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Truefitt & Hill 1805 aftershave balm. The most popular fragrance from Penhaligon's, 1805 symbolizes the year of their foundation. It opens with notes of bergamot, mandarin and cardamom combined with lavender, geranium and clary sage heart; resting on a sandalwood, cedarwood and musk base. It is described as "intense and strong," but the balm certainly is not that; it is rather understated. It has a light, fresh, barbershop scent. The balm is milky and moderately soothing. I'm not especially fond of it, but I don't really want to just throw it out.
_______
John
jaguar

Post by jaguar »

Myrsol Agua Balsamica
churchilllafemme

Acqua di Genova 1853, a predominantly citrus fragrance, with a floral touch also, launched in 1853. The nose behind this fragrance is Stefano Frecceri. Top notes are bergamot, lemon, and sweet orange; middle notes are neroli and orange; base notes are citruses, sandalwood, patchouli, musk and ambergris. This is a very soothing aftershave with a light, fresh scent, described aptly as "Mediterranean springtime," that lasts 2-3 hours and remains close to the skin.
_______
John
churchilllafemme

Love My Skin Almond splash aftershave, a very inexpensive one I picked up out of curiosity. It has quite a burn and is just slightly soothing, and the almond scent is very light, lasting only an hour or less.
_______
John