What are you reading?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
jthomas1264

Re: What are you reading?

Post by jthomas1264 »

Re-reading a bunch of PG Wodehouse. . . until I have to start reading papers again in the fall

jt
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

brothers wrote:I just realized I made an error in my earlier post when I typed LeCarre when referring to the author in the context of the Bourne series. The author to whom I was referring is Ludlum, as Wendell kindly pointed out. :oops:
LeCarre -- on the other hand --- what a writer ....... love his stuff ..... makes you really think.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

I am on somewhat of a sabbatical weekend. Rereading "Your Best Just Got Better" by Jason Womack
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

jww wrote:
brothers wrote:I just realized I made an error in my earlier post when I typed LeCarre when referring to the author in the context of the Bourne series. The author to whom I was referring is Ludlum, as Wendell kindly pointed out. :oops:
LeCarre -- on the other hand --- what a writer ....... love his stuff ..... makes you really think.
LeCarre is work, but rewarding work.
Jim
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

JayTrek wrote:I am on somewhat of a sabbatical weekend. Rereading "Your Best Just Got Better" by Jason Womack
Enjoy your time re-thinking your next steps Jason. 2 other great reads are:
What Colour is Your Parachute?
7 Habits of Highly Successful People

Both are absolute classics.
Wendell

JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

Noodling over a potential opportunity to teach as an adjunct at a local university. Thinking it might be an exciting change for me. Ez.specially since I possess an MBA.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

JayTrek wrote:Noodling over a potential opportunity to teach as an adjunct at a local university. Thinking it might be an exciting change for me. Ez.specially since I possess an MBA.
That would be a great move to me. Get's you engaged, drives some revenue, and might put you on the road to a PhD?
Wendell

brothers

Post by brothers »

The Lions of Lucerne by Brad Thor
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

brothers wrote:The Lions of Lucerne by Brad Thor
Love Brad Thor.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

The Man Who Loved Only Numbers (By Paul Hoffman), a biography of mathematician Paul Erdös (1913-1996), who was a most interesting character.

I originally heard of Erdös through the movie "N is a Number" -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wN4yLPPvRBg
brothers

Post by brothers »

The Path of the Assassin by Brad Thor.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

I finished the previous book in record time, and currently am currently reading State of the Union by the same author.
Gary

Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

I just finished "Everybody Behaves Badly," about the people and events that inspired Ernest Hemingway's first major work, "The Sun Also Rises." Just started "Dinner With Churchill," a study of how the great PM liked to use his powers of persuasion at meals rather than official meetings, where he took advantage of a captive audience.
Jim
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Just finished Dan Brown's Inferno - as I started bus commuting and wanted a totally banal read that didn't demand much from my brain. I ploughed through it in a week of bus riding. Before that I had read a fabulous read entitled Duel with the Devil, about Alexander Hamilton and Aaron Burr and the Emma Sands murder trial of 1799 by Paul Collins. I picked it up for a couple of bucks for my Kobo via Book Bub (if you own an e-reader, you need to belong to this site).

I grabbed Dam Busters from my son's bookcase the other night and thought to read that next. This one is the most recent version of the account of the great Rhyne valley raids of WWII. One of my favourite WWII events.
Wendell

brothers

Post by brothers »

Personal by Lee Child.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Blowback by Brad Thor.
Gary

fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

arriving tomorrow (on ore-order).....Ronald White's, American Ulysses: A Life of Ulysses S. Grant

can't wait!!! is it tomorrow yet?? :D
de gustibus non est disputandum
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Recently finished O'Reilly's Killing Lincoln. It was an ok read, especially if you can get past the novella writing style.

Onto Operation Mincemeat -- the story of the man who never was, a fabulous disinformation ploy that Britain put over on Germany during WWII. Author Ben MacIntyre does an excellent job of telling the real story. Quite enthralling. Really. Especially if you are into WWII history.
Wendell

Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

"Sinatra: The Chairman", James Kaplan's second volume of the Sinatra story. It begins when Frank revives his career by winning an Oscar for "From Here to Eternity" and covers the Rat Pack years until his death. A fascinating but not wholly sympathetic character, Sinatra was a driven and hard-working artist with numerous flaws. I've been listening to the Sinatra channel on SiriusXM, so my interest was piqued.
Jim
brothers

Post by brothers »

Currently reading The Signal Man, by Charles Dickens 1866. (A ghost story!)
Gary