Slant razor vintage Bakelite NOS from Italian Barber

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
brothers

Slant razor vintage Bakelite NOS from Italian Barber

Post by brothers »

My son gave me one for Christmas. Lightweight, simple and definitely a slant. Made in Germany is all it says. This morning I dropped in a Personna hospital use blade and received a very good shave. Not aggressive, just very efficient. I think I see they're still in stock at Italian Barber. The threaded part is brass, the rest is bakelite. Very nice!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Nitrox
AC/DC

Post by Nitrox »

I picked one up about a month or so ago and love this razor very much. It shaves very smooth and close with very little irritation.
Bruno

"Shhhhhaving cream, be nice and clean
shave every day and you'll always look keen."
brothers

Re: Slant razor vintage Bakelite NOS from Italian Barber

Post by brothers »

About a month or 6 weeks ago I decided to use the Bakelite Slant razor mentioned above. I have posted about it here on SMF under SOTD/razor of the day, etc. several times recently. It's an excellent razor. It's hard to believe I had that razor for more than 3 years before I started using it on a daily basis. Now I would rate it as one of my top half dozen or so best safety razors. For those among us who are interested, Fine Accoutrements has cloned it and is now selling them for a very reasonable price. Lightweight, and one of the best slants available in my opinion. I paired mine with a heavier handle.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
razorwhiz

Post by razorwhiz »

PICs please..!
brothers

Post by brothers »

razorwhiz wrote:PICs please..!
Here you go!

Gary

razorwhiz

Post by razorwhiz »

Thanks.! It sure looks nice.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I already had the handle. It was a natural choice to replace the original handle.
Gary