Seeing the Crimson Tide

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
Sam
M'Learned Friend

Seeing the Crimson Tide

Post by Sam »

National Champions Alabama Crimson Tide are playing at home against Kent State on September 24th. We are going to drive down to Tuscaloosa from Memphis, about 4 hours, to see Rascal Flatts in concert that Friday night and I found tickets and we are actually going to be seeing a Bama game in person on Saturday. Stadium has a 106,000 capacity, though I have been to UT and Knoxville is slightly larger. Hard to get a hotel room but we snagged something. My new wife is cool to going to games and our son-in-law has family and he gets tickets occasionally, but I just love going to games. Ole Miss has a great tailgate experience and being in SEC country, the matchups are great. My daughter will get me tickets one year to see a Georgia game and her husband said he would take me to an Auburn game. LSU is said to be really hostile and fun
Kyle76

Re: Seeing the Crimson Tide

Post by Kyle76 »

The Southeastern Conference is without a doubt the best gameday experience in college football. Enjoy!
Jim
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Mostly off topic, but somewhat related: Last Chance U, a 6 part documentary on netflix is an absolute must watch, football fan or not

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5863126/

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
brothers

Post by brothers »

The head coach says the only objective is "Winning"! No wonder he's so successful. :shock: Others (remaining nameless) seem to think it's all about "having fun" or "developing character". Nope, it's all about winning. Time after time, we see interviews with head coaches or prominent players before the big game, and whenever they say they're hoping to have fun, 100% of the time that team is heading for a loss. I think I should start playing those odds with Las Vegas and making some serious wagers.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Every time I check for new posts and see the title of this thread I have to retrain my desire to offer good gynecological advice.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

:shock:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I have to retrain my desire to offer good gynecological advice.
Tooooooooooooooooo funny!

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

drmoss_ca wrote:Every time I check for new posts and see the title of this thread I have to retrain my desire to offer good gynecological advice.

C.
Oh my goodness, what a mental image you have conjured up. :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

It seems we'll have another opportunity to "see the Crimson Tide" in a few days when they go up against Clemson on Monday January 9th for the national championship of college football.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

No one can say we didn't get our money's worth from the big game last evening. It went down to the final 2 seconds. The players, coaches, officials, and commentators worked very hard, and all should be commended for the manner in which the game was played and officiated. Outstanding game in the Orange Bowl in Tampa FL.
Gary

Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Fantastic game! Clemson deserved the win. Their offense came alive and the defense was lights out in the second half.
Jim
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

I was disappointed in the outcome. But it was a game for the ages. Clemson was certainly the better team last night.
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...