6 Treet Blade Reviews

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
poppi

6 Treet Blade Reviews

Post by poppi »

I decided that I needed to investigate Treet blades after stumbling across their website. Treet makes a lot of different blades and I was intrigued. My findings are not scientific but a result of my use of these blades. It's a YMMV thing as is all things shaving.

So I ordered the a few and had a go with them and my results are as follows:

Treet New Steel: a carbon steel blade that only worked in one razor for one shave. To me, not worth the time/money to get them Grade: D-

Treet Silver: a carbon steel blade that works very well for 2 shaves. I like them but couldn't get a #3 out of them. But that's ok to me since their are inexpensive and the packaging is really neat. Grade: A- with the proviso you know they are short lived.

Treet Classic: Long lasting (5 shaves), a comfortable and close shaving blade. Shaves 4/5 had a bit of harshness to them but nothing that would stop me from using them on a regular basis. Grade: A

Treet Dura-Sharp: These were a real surprise to me. Just as sharp as the Classic blade but much smoother. I got 4 really nice shaves out of these and liked them a lot.
I would buy these. Grade: A+

Treet King: A stainless blade that worked pretty well. Good for 3 shaves for me but generally kinda blah. The shaves were ok but not impressive. Grade: B

Treet 7 Days: Very very smooth and effective, hardly felt like there was a blade in the razor. However, I couldn't get 7 shaves out of them. Got 5 top notch and 1 pretty darn good one. Another I would buy. Grade: A+

Overall I was impressed with the results of my time with these blades. Got a bunch of nice shaves out of them and not adverse to purchasing a couple of different models.

Again folks, these are finding determined by me and my circumstance. Your results could, and probably will, vary a bit. Hope this helps y'all out some. Now go enjoy your day folks.
pausted

Re: 6 Treet Blade Reviews

Post by pausted »

Thanks for the thorough review. I appreciate it.
Best regards,

Basil
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

Same results for me ,all in all ,Treet blades are a great value... http://postimg.org/gallery/1mh0p01zg/
brothers

Post by brothers »

Very informative. thx!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks for the review, poppi. The Treet line-up has changed over the last few years.

The Dura-Sharps (PTFE-coated carbon steel) are among my favorite blades. I have over a thousand of them in my stash.

I also like the Platinum Super Stainless, but not quite as much as the Dura-Sharps. Are they no longer making these?

- Murray
poppi

Post by poppi »

I also like the Platinum Super Stainless, but not quite as much as the Dura-Sharps. Are they no longer making these?

I don't know if these have been discontinued or not. I do know they are readily available online right now though.

Think I'm going to get some cuz they are really good for me.