SOTD : August 22, 2016 - August 28, 2016

Top of the morning to ya! Post pics and descriptions of your daily shaving gear and accessories!
melyus
Vendor

Re: SOTD : August 22, 2016 - August 28, 2016

Post by melyus »

John Rose

Post by John Rose »

Late Aug 25 (or early 25th)

DE shaving was getting to be so much fun I decided to go from a full beard (as in my avatar) to a boofy full Van Dyke (much like a Schnauzer dog?), just to have more to shave.
I had forgotten about the tan lines it would reveal. #-o

Gillette 1966 Slim Adjustable
Wilkinson Sword blade (on 7th use)
Williams Mug Shaving Soap in a Peter Rabbit mug, because it fit perfectly
The Body Shop synthetic brush
"If this isn't nice, then what is?" - Kurt Vonnegut's Uncle Alex
poppi

Post by poppi »

Parker 94r razor
Astra SP blade
FS/WD boar frankenbrush
TSD Lemongrass SS w/2X menthol
Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
TSD Lemongrass A/S w/2X menthol

Mmmm mmmm good. Smooth, comfortable resulting in a DFS++ shave. Nice way to start the day. Now go enjoy your day folks.
Mike R

Post by Mike R »

Friday

Brush: Simpson Chubby 1 Best
Soap: RazoRock XXX
Razor: Van der Hagen
Blade: Feather
A/S: Nivea Sensitive
Cologne: Old Spice Classic A/S

Mike
brothers

Post by brothers »

Friday's SOTD brought out a new star from my razor box. This is a late '40s or early-mid '50s Made in England Rocket HD. I really liked the way it performed. Krampert's Frostbite is nearing the end of the line. Maybe a week left before it pops into a thick rich lather and vanishes into the jungle that is the Monster synthetic. Personna h.u. blade very good as expected.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

AoS unscented soap
Rooney 2/1 super silvertip brush
Feather AS-D2 razor
Gillette Platinum Plus blade from Brazil (1)
Lucky Tiger AS and face tonic
Feather Kanwa ASB
-Ed
smoothshaver

Post by smoothshaver »

AoS unscented soap
Rooney 3/1 super silvertip brush
Feather AS-D2 razor
Gillette Platinum Plus blade from Brazil (2)
Lucky Tiger AS and face tonic
AoS AS gel, unscented
-Ed
brothers

Post by brothers »

Rocket HD shines
Personna blade makes me smile
Krampert's Frostbite joy
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
therazorguy

Sunday 28 August 2016

Post by therazorguy »

Sunday 28 August 2016

Italy: Not To Forget

Not to forget. Last week in Italy - central Italy - we had a striking earthquake which literally destroyed some lovely towns near Latium, Marches and Umbria, the latter one is my region. My city - Perugia - was not affected by the tragedy of the quake and we did not report any damage or casualties, although this happened not so far from here. Our thoughts are of course to the ones who lost everything, beloved ones, house and all the things of their lives which has of course changed a lot, maybe forever. My shave of the day is in memory of those who lost their lives because of the quake, sending a strong encouragement to those who are still there and survived to the quake to not give up, despite how hard and terrible this is, we all have to go on and work hard in order to stand up and keep on walking the path of life. I am also sending my gratitude to all firemen, men and women, volunteers and all those who gave a little of their life to help others in this tragedy. Not to forget.
  • Pre-Shave: RazorGuy Pre-Shave Oil
  • Soap: Vitos Verde (Green)
  • Brush: Mastro Livi "Perugia" Synthetic Eco-Silvertip, Bois de Rose Handle, 26mm knot
  • Bowl: Old Barber Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Medium Loom Strop "Coramella Italiana" and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi Stripes CarboInox Italy, 7/8 Full Hollow, Spanish Point
  • Post-Shave: Alum Block
  • Post-Shave: Umbrian Extravirgin Olive Oil
  • After Shave: RazorGuy Thyrrenus
The RazorGuy - StraightRazorChannel on Youtube and Google+
brothers

Post by brothers »

Razorguy, it's heartbreaking to learn of such a tragedy. Thank you for the post.

I'd also mention the recent flood that swept through Central Louisiana near Baton Rouge. The town of Central was at the heart of the area that received about 36 inches of rain in just a day or two, causing two rivers to overflow. We have family ties to the area down there. I believe the death toll was around 14 or so, and that is tragic. The devastating property damage is unprecedented. I have learned that out of the 28,000 people who lived in Central, 27,000 have lost their homes. Our family members are working desperately to clean and rebuild their home. It will take several months to complete the repairs. Many did not purchase flood insurance. All personal property and all interior wall and floor surfaces had to be removed and the debris is now standing all along both sides of the streets in enormous piles everywhere. Alternate housing is understandably almost non-existent. Many thousands of people are still without shelter and are being housed in temporary barracks wherever available. Jobs are lost, incomes are cut off, supplies and food are in short supply. Many have no homes, little or no money, and no possessions. Those of us who live here, about 800 miles away, including my wife and I, are prevented from being there right now to help with the cleanup simply because the housing situation makes it nearly impossible to find housing. Because it continues to rain almost every day down there, it's not possible to simply pitch a tent and sleep on the ground.

Life goes on. ----
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Krampert's Frostbite, Monster synthetic, Gillette Rocket HD razor, Personna h.u. blade, Superior 70 Mentholated splash.
Gary