Hello from England

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
KerryPB

Hello from England

Post by KerryPB »

Evening all,

I'm Kerry and totally owe my love of wet shaving to my best mate (thanks Gareth) who wasn't kidding when he said "take the plunge and dive in. Careful though, it's a bit like Alice in Wonderland and falling down the rabbit hole". Mm hmm, he was right :D . For me it's the plethora of options available to us that make it such a brilliant ritual / hobby / habit.

As I've gotten older and become a father I've found that life has become so much busier (my children are 5 and under, I've a rather demanding feline called Loki, I work full time in the security industry and, along with my wife Sarah, am working doubly hard in establishing / growing our artisan soap company, Phoenix and Beau).

What on earth did I do with my spare time during my 20's?!

My every other daily shave is a moment to myself where I can find singular focus (razors tend to do that to a man.. Smile) and get to close the bathroom door, put some music on (to name a few: Zeppelin, Hendrix, Bowie, Howling Wolf Johnson, Johnny Cash..) and take care of my appearance. Grooming to me is an awareness. An awareness of wanting to look after my skin, my appearance and wanting to take some pride in it. I guess like most of us my shave always leaves me feeling refreshed and, albeit momentarily, takes some time from my face :) .

As I creep inexorably closer to 40 this is most welcome.. :D
Equipment wise I'm currently enjoying the ludicrously ferocious Feather professional supers on a brute of a Mongoose. For me it demands complete respect but oh my, the shave it provides!

Thanks for reading and happy shaving!

Kerry.
Owner, Chief Soap Maker & Conjurer of Scents at Phoenix and Beau.
CMur12

Re: Hello from England

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome to SMF, Kerry. Glad to have you join our little community.

- Murray
KerryPB

Post by KerryPB »

Thanks Murray :)
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Welcome, Kerry.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
ShadowsDad

Post by ShadowsDad »

Welcome to the forum! Yup, sounds like you're a traditional blade shaver!
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Hey Kerry, welcome aboard.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hi Kerry, thanks for becoming a member of SMF. I wish you every success with your business pursuit!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
pausted

Post by pausted »

Welcome, Kerry. I'm looking forward to your participation in the forum.
Best regards,

Basil