Game of Thrones: any other fans?

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
changabang

Post by changabang »

8)
James Nicks
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

maskaggs wrote: Indeed. I'm not a big fan of authors or show producers thinking they need to throw in gratuitous violence and sex to keep my attention.
Mike, all of the sex and violence is totally germaine to the plot. :wink: Much of the exposition occurs during these scenes. So much, in fact, I've read that it's called "sexposition." Not to be confused with "sex position," which my iPad spellcheck insisted was the correct term I was trying to type!
Jim
maskaggs

Post by maskaggs »

Kyle76 wrote:
maskaggs wrote: Indeed. I'm not a big fan of authors or show producers thinking they need to throw in gratuitous violence and sex to keep my attention.
Mike, all of the sex and violence is totally germaine to the plot. :wink: Much of the exposition occurs during these scenes. So much, in fact, I've read that it's called "sexposition." Not to be confused with "sex position," which my iPad spellcheck insisted was the correct term I was trying to type!
After reading the first 3 books, IMHO it could be gotten across in a much more tasteful manner. There are places one can find that sort of material on its own dedicated channel.
Regards,
Mike
PACHUCO

Post by PACHUCO »

I watched the first season then over the next year read through all five current books.

This kind of says it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7lp3RhzfgI
brothers

Re: Game of Thrones: any other fans?

Post by brothers »

I'm enjoying the series as I work my way through all previous seasons. I'm now on episode 2 of season 5. I understood season 6 was going to be the final season, but now I have been told that there will be at least 2 more seasons. Yes, it has graphic violence and it does show the human body. It also shows courage, intelligence, betrayal, heroic sacrifice, cruelty, anger, and a lot of stuff. None of which offends me. Bring it on!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Gary, as I'm sure you've noticed, the sex is much less prevalent in later seasons.
Jim
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm still working my way through the first 5 seasons (just finished season 5 episode 6). Looking forward to season 6 as soon as I can get there. There are times when I go 2 or 3 weeks between watching. But some days I can knock out more than one episode, depending on how much free time I have during the day.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

Ready for season 6 now. (eagerly rubbing hands together) =D>
Gary

Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

It's a good one! Enjoy!
Jim
brothers

Post by brothers »

Kyle76 wrote:It's a good one! Enjoy!
Jim, that's what I've heard.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

I believe I read somewhere that Season 7 is ready and will be shown sometime in July this year. I could be wrong about the exact month. - In related news, the young man who plays the Giant in GOT passed away recently at age 36. I believe he was from either South or North Carolina. He was 7 foot 7 inches, one of the tallest humans.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Finally finished off Season 6. Looking forward to July for S-7 to take off.
Gary

MotifSky

Post by MotifSky »

Oh, I'm a great fan of this story! :) I've read all books and watched all TV series, I'm very happy about the new ones now! Can't wait to see the end of this story, however it's a bit funny that Tv show will end earlier than the last books will be published :D
brothers

Post by brothers »

One of the best ever.
Gary

Gene

Post by Gene »

We just finished Season 7. No spoilers - it was a good year, IMHO.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

I've read the books so far, but to be honest, the show is better than the books. I'm hoping to be around for the last season.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

My daughter tells me I should hurry up and finish watching the most recent season so we can talk about it.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Yesterday I finished watching the most recent season. Now I'm hearing that the new season won't be shown until possibly 2019.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Updating - this is a very good month for those who are following the series. The final season is to be released April 14th 2019. =D>
Gary