Personna Super Stainless Steel "For Hospital Use" blades

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Personna Super Stainless Steel "For Hospital Use" blades

Post by nodaktim »

I was fortunate to receive some of these blades to try out, as sent by Gay (brothers). I finally loaded up one of these blades to test drive this morning.

I have been trying out various blades lately, using the same blade in a few different razors, but staying with the same lather throughout the test. Today I loaded up my 1958 3-piece Gillette "ball-end" Tech and at first I wasn't sure if I was shaving anything and almost tempted to apply pressure like a newbie. I felt the area with my finger tips and came to realize that I was indeed shaving and quite close on the first pass, but it was so effortless.

I even got the problem area under my chin with ease. I usually have to settle for 'good-enough' or risk over shaving the area and getting a bit raw. But not today!! :D It is smooth in all directions and without irritation. If subsequent shaves are similar to this one, using my other razors, these might become my 'go-to' blades.

Thank you again Gary for the opportunity to try them.
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Personna Super Stainless Steel "For Hospital Use" blades

Post by fallingwickets »

welcome to the fan club!~ :D

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Glad to hear these blades worked so well for you, Tim. It's amazing that blades of this type and caliber are still made in the US.

Kudos to Gary for sending you some blades to sample!

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tim, you're welcome, sir. It's my pleasure to share these blades.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
nodaktim
The Prodigal Tim

Post by nodaktim »

After the 8th shave using my first Personna Super Stainless Steel "For Hospital Use" blade, it is still going strong.

I think I have found a great pairing using my recently acquired Gillette "Super" Adjustable. I start out WTG and XTG on setting 3, then change to setting 5 for ATG and touch ups.

The first 4 shaves were everyday, but due to my work schedule lately, the last 4 shaves have been every other day.
~ Tim ~

"Always do right. That will gratify some of the people, and astonish the rest." - Mark Twain
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Gary also shared a few of those great blades with me. They were wonderful. Of course, I used them up so yesterday I reverted to one of the 100 plain blue box Personna blades I purchased quite a while ago. To my surprise, I got a very decent shave from it.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
BPman

Post by BPman »

Ouchmychin wrote:Gary also shared a few of those great blades with me. They were wonderful. Of course, I used them up so yesterday I reverted to one of the 100 plain blue box Personna blades I purchased quite a while ago. To my surprise, I got a very decent shave from it.
As you should as Personna has repeatedly stated that they are the exact same blade, except that the Med Prep receives a sanitizing bath.