Peaky Blinders

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Peaky Blinders

Post by brothers »

My son got me interested in this series. As of now, I have watched Season 1 Episode 1 twice, just to gain a good understanding of what might lie ahead. I am looking forward to more now. Appears to be quite well done from what I've seen. Has anyone else seen it?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Rufus

Re: Peaky Blinders

Post by Rufus »

Never heard of it, but that says more about me than anything else. Googled it and it gets very good reviews and sounds worthwhile watching. Thanks for the heads up.
Bryan
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

It's cleverly done, well written, well cast, well acted and well directed. I've watched Seasons 1,2 now and the only downside for me is I have to activate the closed caption feature to understand what the hell they're saying.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

I'm with you on that. I also use the closed caption option.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
brothers

Post by brothers »

I don't particularly enjoy binge-watching. I like to ration them out, especially when they're as good as this one. Yes, it's rough and tough, but the characters are intriguing, as well as the politics of the early 20th century, following the war. It keeps me trying to decide where the story's heading next.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Bummer - now I've watched both seasons, waiting for the completion and release of the third and latest season. Apparently there are only 6 shows per season. What's up with that! :D I have become aware that I am not the only one who's in no mood for waiting. C'mon people, speed it up, please!
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

I recently finished up the 2016 season of Peaky Blinders. Only 6 episodes! I like it a lot, and haven't heard whether there'll be more seasons. I hope so.
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

It appears that BBC2 has commissioned at least 2 more seasons (4 and 5) of this excellent series. Filming of Season 4 begins in March 2017, for release late in 2017. Season 5, hopefully 2018. If you haven't watched any of this series, start with season 1 and see what I mean. :)
Gary

Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Good news.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

I've finished watching Season 5. They just keep getting better.
Gary

drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

A world away from post-WW1 Birmingham, I have to say the second season of Mayans M.C. is finding its feet. I watched the first season because Kurt Sutter has done some splendid work in the past (Sons of Anarchy and The Shield), but the second is more of a pleasure. You still need season 1 to understand the plot. Pretty violent, but we're all grown ups.

And tomorrow, Netflix gives us Season 3 of The Crown!

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

Apparently the next season of Peaky Blinders will be released sometime in 2021.
Gary

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

drmoss_ca wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:44 am And tomorrow, Netflix gives us Season 3 of The Crown!

C.
Please, please no more: it’s getting like Downton Abbey, which goes on and on, ad nauseam; enough is as good as a feast. :mrgreen:
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Although all of my forebears were English, I've never found any motivation to familiarize myself with all things UK, particularly the Royals. So I wasn't surprised that I just couldn't get into The Crown, even though I tried and just didn't feel any fire. With this in mind, I don't know why I am eager to continue watching Peaky Blinders, but I am. Same goes for Poldark to some degree.
Gary