Need some fragrance advice

What kind of fragrances do you prefer?
SRD

Need some fragrance advice

Post by SRD »

It's been a while since I've been on the forum and have lost touch with what's going on in the fragrance world. I am looking for a good signature fragrance that I can use year round and is appropriate for my big fine( :^o ) 66 year old body. I have been using Creed's Bois du Portugal but I find it a bit heavy for year round wear. I like English Fern very much in the summer time. I am trying to find something that is classy and elegant without it being in your face. I would like for it to have some staying power. I will do the research on recommended scents but I had rather have you guys opinions over folks I do not know over on Basenotes. Overload me with suggestions. I will enjoy doing the research. Thanks in advance guys.
Dave
Tom Slick

Re: Need some fragrance advice

Post by Tom Slick »

You might like Caron's Third Man (Le 3` Homme de Caron) or Roget et Gallet L'Homme. Both classics, the latter is more masculine.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Harris Arlington is my go to. At the other end of the spectrum is Alt Innsbruck and in the middle is Trumper Wellington.
Bryan
blantyre

Post by blantyre »

Amouage XXV might be worth a sampling - can be heavy but not overpowering. Creed Selection Verte is light but it tends to peter out after 4-5 h on me.
Rick
worthy_sam

Post by worthy_sam »

You could try Hermes Equipage, Guerlain Vetiver and Dunhill Cologne.
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

You might try Gurelains Habit Rouge, but if you thought the previous scent was too much then this might also be. if you get to a Macy's counter or the equivalent you could give it a try. I like English Fern too, by the way. All the lighter scents I can think of are probably too sweet.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
SRD

Post by SRD »

Well I ordered a few. Chanel Pour Monsieur, Caron The Third Man, Gucci Homme II, Guerlain Homme and Tom Ford Grey Vetiver. The first two arrived and I like both a lot. Thanks to you guys for your recommendations.
Dave
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

I have the third man too. If you like those and Homme you might go to basenotes and check out Habit Rouge too. I looked at the reviews there and I believe one reviewer liked it better than Homme.
Ouchmychin (Pete)