Score!!! (on a VitaMix for 1/2 price)

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
ShadowsDad

Score!!! (on a VitaMix for 1/2 price)

Post by ShadowsDad »

It's time for a new Vita-Mix. We use ours hard and we can't be without one. Who knows how long the present one will last? The speed control has been cattywumpus for years.

I went to the V-M website and looked around. First at the commercial units. No prices displayed though. Looked at the home use units too, but they're really just what I have now with fancy controls and fresh paint. I'm not going to pay for "Ooohh, Aaaah" controls. So I called V-M to get pricing on the commercial units. Yeah, I was sitting 'down when I got the price on the Vita Prep 3. But the lady suggested I call the local food service dealer. They gave us a price comparable to a home use unit or, in other words, 1/2 of the retail price. I have no idea how they're doing it, but I jumped on it. They'll need to order it, but no problem. We don't need it immediately.

I'll still work it hard, but the VP3 should last awhile and be happier doing the jobs I ask of it. It has better cooling and that was a problem with our current one. It would overheat and trip out the internal heat protection. Plus it's 3 HP and not 2hp so it won't work as hard at the same tasks. Same 64 oz capacity in the blender "bowl" . There's no trade in rebate, but for the price we're getting it for I'm not going to shed tears about not getting a trade in rebate.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square
Gene

Re: Score!!! (on a VitaMix for 1/2 price)

Post by Gene »

We just bought our first one. I got it refurbished.

We love it - it does things so much better than a traditional blender - no doubt about that.
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
ShadowsDad

Re: Score!!! (on a VitaMix for 1/2 price)

Post by ShadowsDad »

Gene I've had access to one (before buying my own) since the NY Worlds Fair in the early 60s. I've been spoiled by them and won't even consider another brand. They're expensive but worth it for what I do.
Brian

Maker of Kramperts Finest Bay Rum and Frostbite
Or find it here: Italian Barber, West Coast Shaving, Barclay Crocker, The Old Town Shaving Company at Stats, Maggard Razors; Leavitt & Peirce, Harvard Square