Obits

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Obits

Post by brothers »

I reckon there was another musician that expired a couple of days ago. This has been a hard year for celebs, it seems.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Ouchmychin

Re: Obits

Post by Ouchmychin »

I saw one on the evening news tonight. I'm from another generation and only think I have heard of him. My favorites were Frank Sinatra: Perry Como; Bing Crosby. I could understand the words in those days.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

There was another celebrity loss today. Actress and writer.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

I agree with Pete. Musicians of yesteryear were in fact musicians. Singers had range that far exceeded today's range of 3-4 notes only. And yes, many of today's singers do mumble. Maybe the don't want us to actually hear the words! Here's to the Big Band Era and skilled singers!
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Ouchmychin wrote:I saw one on the evening news tonight. I'm from another generation and only think I have heard of him. My favorites were Frank Sinatra: Perry Como; Bing Crosby. I could understand the words in those days.
I'm with you. Fortunately we have satellite radio (Sirius) in our car so I can listen to music from the 40's and 50's when I'm driving; I find it very relaxing.
Bryan
brothers

Post by brothers »

Another one has been added to the list today. This one made me sad.
Gary

Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

Both Carrie Fischer and Debby Reynolds in one day.
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

Chuck Berry today, at 90.
Gary

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

brothers wrote:Chuck Berry today, at 90.
A Titan of rock; his influence was far reaching even to this day.
Bryan
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

It's a good thing his cousin heard Marty McFly.
Jim
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

Don Rickles a few days ago. Not a musician, of course, but a show biz celebrity.