Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated Shaving Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
WetTheFace

Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated Shaving Cream

Post by WetTheFace »

Company: Pacific Shaving Co.
Product: Caffeinated Shaving Cream & Aftershave
http://www.pacificshaving.com/

When I saw this shaving cream on the shelves at target I thought why caffeine? Why would I need caffeine in my shaving cream? As it turns out, you really don’t. They do say it reduces redness but does it really? I think it has more to do with the packaging and product targeting then how it help your skin.

Pacific has been around for a while since 2000 and has done very well with the original offerings starting with after shave oil and moving toward shaving scream. In that time, you’ll always see a redesign when products start to lose momentum on the shelf. I think this is what’s happening here. The caffeine infused shaving cream is nothing more than a gimmick in my opinion. Just like the new single use shaving cream minis. The casing is encapsulated in a food-grade, 100% water-soluble film they dissolved when they touch water. Nice idea but I think this would appeal to a younger crowd.

Putting the above comments aside the shaving cream does work well. It lathered instantly in my shaving bowl. It took just seconds to create a very impressive amount. I was able to penetrate a 5-day old beard with ease. The slickness and glide has room for improvement however although I did notice some which allowed me to go over areas safely but I was very cautious. The post shave feel was good as well.

The aftershave (again with caffeine) I found not to my liking. I didn’t care for its texture and was not too fond of the horrible scent. I found it didn’t provide any relief or soothing effect as an aftershave should. It just left me face greasy and disappointed.

So, I do recommend the shaving cream with Caffeine or decaffeinated I just want to know when the mocha latte version will be coming out.

Company: Pacific Shaving Co.
Product: Caffeinated Shaving Cream & Aftershave $7.99 each
http://www.pacificshaving.com/
shavingCream.png
shavingCream.png (167.06 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
Lather.jpg
Lather.jpg (320.22 KiB) Viewed 1312 times
brothers

Re: Pacific Shaving Co. Caffeinated Shaving Cream

Post by brothers »

Thanks for the review. I've seen it on the shelf, but never tried it. My son has told me about those single use capsules, but I couldn't find them. Must have been sold out.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444