looking for creams to try

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
mrjediconsular

looking for creams to try

Post by mrjediconsular »

so i got a late birthday present fron a family member and i is a $25 amazon card and i was trying to figure out what shaving cream i should try. ive tried co bigelow/porasso green,jack black shave cream,aos sandalwood, and my favorite cream ive tried so far(bought 2 tubs) the body shop maca root shave cream. ty for any suggestions
Jordan
Rufus

Re: looking for creams to try

Post by Rufus »

Try a cream from Taylor's of Old Bond Street. I've used their creams for years and they are excellent and very good value for a high end cream. GF Trumper also make good creams.
Bryan
pausted

Post by pausted »

I agree. You can get either Taylors or Trumpers for your 25 dollars. Both are very good creams. I especially like Trumpers Rose and Taylor Coconut.
Best regards,

Basil
ask4Edge

Post by ask4Edge »

I echo the classic English brands; don't forget DRH.
brothers

Post by brothers »

In addition to all of the above which are very good, I also recommend Nancy Boy shaving cream. My favorite scent is Signature.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
slackskin

Post by slackskin »

Do you like the smell of a grove of Eucalyptus trees? If so, I suggest D R Harris Eucalyptus cream.

Do you enjoy the smell of a lumberyard? If so, I suggest Taylor of Old Bond Street's Cedarwood cream.
mrjediconsular

Post by mrjediconsular »

im thinking of trying trumpers coconut oil shave cream and taylors lemon and lime
Jordan
Randal Hollin

Post by Randal Hollin »

Trumper Violet doesn't irritate my very sensitive skin. Love this stiff! If I'm going to read tiger rice cooker review, do I really want to buy it?
Last edited by Randal Hollin on Thu May 04, 2017 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hi Randal. Welcome to SMF!

As I have posted elsewhere, I strongly recommend Taylor of Old Bond Street (TOBS) and Art of Shaving (AOS) shaving creams in the fragrance of your choice.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Welcome, Randal! Glad to have you join us.

- Murray