Burt's Bees Shaving Cream

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
WetTheFace

Burt's Bees Shaving Cream

Post by WetTheFace »

Company: Burt’s Bees
Product: Shaving Cream
Founder: Burt Shavitz & Roxanne Quimby
https://www.burtsbees.com/

It’s amazing what two people from Maine can achieve. A good example of this would be Burt’s Bees. Having humble beginnings located in an abandoned one-room schoolhouse Burt Shavitz and Roxanne Quimby turned this small company into a major player in organic & natural products and them moving to personal care line. Like with all companies that start out with good intentions something happens along the way and that something was Clorox, they acquired Burt's Bees in 2007 for more than $900 million and things started to really change for the company.

Clorox saw which way the market was headed in fact In 2008, The Clorox became the first major consumer packaged goods company to develop and nationally launch a green cleaning line, Green Works, into the mainstream cleaning aisle. So, they made an offer that Roxanne could not refuse. They even kept Burt on as a spokesperson going to trade shows because he was so identifiable to the brand.

According to the product Burt’s Bees Shaving Cream is 99.9% natural. How silly to place that on a product don't you think they should be striving for 100%. One thing is for sure this is an awful shaving cream.

The shaving cream comes in the standard plastic tube with product information on the back. I have no problem with the packaging it’s what’s inside that I find offensive. Once you start squeezing the product out of it's container the awful scent just hits you like a smack in the face. I’m not sure how anyone can use this on a daily basis the products scent sickens me.

After reading the direction it states to rub a generous amount into your beard no need for a brush or bowl. This action resulted in very little lather and a face full of grease which is fine if it provides the protection that’s was needed for shaving which it failed to do. In fact, my shave was a disaster. Cutting me multiple times in many places I had to reach for the styptic pencil to get things under control. Truly a disappointing shave to say the least.

So, try as I might I really can’t get behind this product It was disappointing on many levels. I would say an epic fail in my opinion and as I always say my opinion is only worth two cents. You have been warned.

Company: Burt’s Bees
Product: Shaving Cream $8.00 2.5fl oz
https://www.burtsbees.com/
Attachments
BBTube.png
BBTube.png (900.23 KiB) Viewed 2797 times
brothers

Re: Burt's Bees Shaving Cream

Post by brothers »

I may be mistaken, but I think I recall about 9 or 10 years ago this company also offered a Bay Rum shaving soap in a round puck format that was equally awful. If I am wrong, I apologize in advance.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks for the heads-up! I won't be giving this one any consideration.

- Murray
WetTheFace

Post by WetTheFace »

brothers wrote:I may be mistaken, but I think I recall about 9 or 10 years ago this company also offered a Bay Rum shaving soap in a round puck format that was equally awful. If I am wrong, I apologize in advance.
Not sure about that as well but I think its interesting that they did that. It must have failed.
brothers

Post by brothers »

I did a quick Google search and found several images. Here's one:

Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
mlb549

Post by mlb549 »

One of the local pharmacies carriers Burt's Bees products including this shave cream. I wouldn't try it because of older reviews about the terrible shave soap. I ask a lady I know who works there about the product line and she said it did not sell very well at all.
Mike
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

There's a reason it doesn't sell well. Due to the novelty factor it sells once but those who try it don't buy again.
Regards,
Squire