Cinco de Mayo

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
brothers

Cinco de Mayo

Post by brothers »

This evening we attended a cool party with a lot of food and beverages and great company, even a very talented live local band. Had a great time and looking forward to next year.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
maskaggs

Re: Cinco de Mayo

Post by maskaggs »

I didn't pick up the ingredients necessary for serious margaritas, which I last made when I defended my dissertation (the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe). That would have been an excellent way to unwind this evening!
Regards,
Mike
GA Russell

Post by GA Russell »

On May 5, 1970, I had the pleasure of meeting a favorite of mine, Manfred Mann! At that time, he was leading a jazz group he called Manfred Mann Chapter III. It did not occur to me that the day was Cinco de Mayo.
Rapira Swedish Supersteel
Fitness
Lijun badger
Gillette 1948-1950 Super Speed
JayTrek

Post by JayTrek »

I hope all of you had a great "Jackpot Day" for all of the Mexican restaurants in the US!!!
Regards,
Jason

Upon Further Review...
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

A friend vacationing in Mexico this week said Cinco de Mayo is not a very big deal south of the border. The locals there believe it was invented by Corona.
Jim
brothers

Post by brothers »

That's also what I've always heard. Makes a very good excuse for a party anyway!
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

Kyle76 wrote:A friend vacationing in Mexico this week said Cinco de Mayo is not a very big deal south of the border. The locals there believe it was invented by Corona.
Indeed -- our middle son lived there for a while and said they don't do anything about it -- they consider it a US/Texan kind of thing apparently.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?