Satin Tip Shaving Brush

What kind of shaving brush do you use? Tell us all about it!
chris1978

Satin Tip Shaving Brush

Post by chris1978 »

Hi Gents!,

Long time no see. I've been watching on YouTube video on Satin Tip Shaving brush. I was thinking about getting one. I don't know what to chose but n which fiber: black pure, white pure or synthetic. I heard that the white pure us more softer than the black pure. I need for loading the shaving cream or soap. Does anyone has it? What brands is made by? I found two sites: straightrazor.com and classicshaving.com but the price on classicshaving.com is much cheaper than straightrazor.com

In the future when I save my money, I will get Simpson Chubby 1 super badger brush. I don't understand why Simpson brush is shaving m expensive nowdays.

Chris
chris1978

Re: Satin Tip Shaving Brush

Post by chris1978 »

What I'm saying about these Satin Tip brush has the same purest synthetic hair as the black and the white. Also they has synthetic hair black Tip with ivory color. Does anyone had it? What do you think of the brush? Do you like them? The reason I want to get it cause of the handle is to feel soft like rubber like satin.

Chris
mlb549

Post by mlb549 »

I have the black/black Purist and it is a lovely brush indeed! Even with soapy fingers, the handle will not slip from my grip. The fiber tips are very soft with no scritch. The brush has enough backbone to lather anything. It feels remarkable on my face and head. I was on the fence and this brush came up for trade----glad I got it. If you don't love it, I'll buy it from you for a backup!
Mike
brothers

Post by brothers »

Hi Chris. I have several synthetic brushes. They all perform very well, and they are quite economical ($20). I would suggest that you choose whichever of the Purist synthetic brushes is most pleasing to your eye. Mike's experience with his synthetic brush is shared by a great many other guys. I would also suggest that you might be wise to postpone the idea of spending a big wad of money (more than $300) on a big name branded badger brush indefinitely until you have used a synthetic brush on a daily basis, with soaps and creams.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444