Review - Ingram Shaving Cream (UK)

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
WetTheFace

Review - Ingram Shaving Cream (UK)

Post by WetTheFace »

Company: Ingram
Product: Ingram Shaving Cream
Website – GoogleSearch

Last month I was given a box containing shaving products from my friend in the UK. The first on the list was Palmolive shaving cream and now I’m dipping into the box again and pulling out Ingram an amazing mentholated shaving cream that’s sure to please.

This is another staple of the UK. I’ve seen it advertised on websites there for as low as $2.00. Looks are deceiving here because this underestimated looking shaving cream is a one of the best I’ve used.
The scent on Ingram is very much akin to Brylcream a hair gel for man which I do use from time to time so I have no issues with it.

I like to read the instructions so I have a good idea of the limitations of a product and right off the bat it said I could use a brush and that made me happy. The instructions continued Wet the face then rinse the brush with warm water add a dab or two of the shaving cream to it and apply to face.

As you work it into your beard you can feel the shaving cream starting to build and in a minute or two, you will get an intense menthol sensation which will last until after the shave about 10 minutes or so such a fantastic feeling. This cream has plenty of slickness and glide which you will notice after your shave. It allowed me to go over stubborn spots with ease. The post shave feel was also top shelf. In retrospect, I should have used a mentholated balm to end the shave like the one from Soap Commander maybe next time.

So, I had a great shave and would absolutely recommend this to every wet shaver. Of course, if you’re not a menthol head like me then you can skip this one. But if you order one now online you’ll be glad you did.

Company: Ingram
Product: Ingram Shaving Cream $3.00
Website – GoogleSearch
Attachments
ingram.jpg
ingram.jpg (156.32 KiB) Viewed 4450 times
mlb549

Re: Review - Ingram Shaving Cream (UK)

Post by mlb549 »

Very nice review, Ingram is a top notch cream. I really like its slickness.
Mike
J T

Post by J T »

Ingram SC
- great scent
- wonderful menthol buzz
- slick, protective and stable lather
- excellent post shave feel (product contains lanolin)

One down side is the product will separate in tube if subjected to hot temperatures.

Ingram SC is a great value. I order from Connaught Shaving UK (Suffolk Supplies).

As always YMMV
~ Jack
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

For those who don't know, this is exactly the same cream as that sold in a red tube by Kent (which makes it cost more!)

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Brutus

Post by Brutus »

Quite some time ago, I bought some Ingram shaving cream on a trip to the UK and was quite pleased with it.

Never got around to buy a second tube though and my memory has become somewhat hazy and for a moment I even thought it was called Ingram's shaving cream.

Since then, my UK trips have become few and far between and I find it now easier to pick up Palmolive or Nivea shaving creams when in continental Europe, but for me soaps still reign supreme.

B.
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.

Bertrand Russell
brothers

Post by brothers »

I've been wanting to give it a try, just haven't done it. I used up a tube of Ingram Brushless just as it was being discontinued. Of course, it turned out to be one of the best brushless shaving creams I've ever used, but it is no longer to be found. Sigh ---
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
BPman

Post by BPman »

I had a tube and eventually sold it to a newcomer. It has great menthol, but there are better products for the money IMO. Cushion & glide were not good.
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

BPman wrote:I had a tube and eventually sold it to a newcomer. It has great menthol, but there are better products for the money IMO. Cushion & glide were not good.
I think it's fair to use a rule of thumb that ranks shaving creams:

1. Comes in tubs as well as tubes
2. Comes in tubes only

So the first rank will be subdivided into the Three Ts, then other tubby creams like Harris, CF, TBS, Nancy Boy and others who are trying hard, and finally those who use tubs but really ought not to bother like Salter and TGR. The second rank starts with perfectly good creams like Musgo and C&E, but then descends through the mass-market Ingrams, Palmolive, Erasmic, Florena (RIP), Derby and so on.

I intend no disrespect to any of these creams or their fans by dividing them this way, but it does seem to get things roughly right.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Ouchmychin

Post by Ouchmychin »

After your review I wonder if it can be purchased in the U.S. online. Did your google photo mean you found some there?
Ouchmychin (Pete)
brothers

Post by brothers »

Ouchmychin wrote:After your review I wonder if it can be purchased in the U.S. online. Did your google photo mean you found some there?
Hi Pete. I just googled and it's in stock at WestCoast shaving and Amazon. I didn't check any further.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
malocchio

Post by malocchio »

It's a great cream. Also manufactured in Egypt , and that version has a more potent menthol punch, but sadly I haven't found any in several years.
Attachments
ingrams.JPG
ingrams.JPG (48.03 KiB) Viewed 4244 times
brothers

Post by brothers »

Causes me to wonder if Egypt might still offer a brushless version.
Gary