Do you have a wish list?

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
brothers

Do you have a wish list?

Post by brothers »

It seems there's never been a time when I'm not just passively on the lookout for one or two rising stars in the shaving soap races. I generally try to hold it down, but I'm still just curious about this or that soap or cream as I read about them here and elsewhere. Currently on my radar are the Sterling tallow soaps, the Ada soap discovered by Chris, and another new one by the name of Grooming Dept. So far I'm not a buyer, just a looker, but I do get a kick out of what the other guys are using and saying about them. What about you guys?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Re: Do you have a wish list?

Post by fallingwickets »

Fell for ada :roll: :D

My one and only real wish list item is a rose MdC, oh, and to have a fling with andie macdowell LOL

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Squire
Squadron Leader

Post by Squire »

Can't say I'm actively looking for anything shaving related. We've often joked around here about having a lifetime supply and when moving some boxes recently discovered I do.
Regards,
Squire
brothers

Post by brothers »

Since I first posted in this thread three months ago, I have been losing whatever enthusiasm I may have had for finding and buying the new soaps. I have two rules that I try to follow: (1) Just say "no". (2) Remind myself I already have some outstanding stuff as a result of my former searching.
Make it three rules --- the third one is "never buy drunk"! :lol:
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Gary, I have at least a lifetime of soap cached away already, so I'm not much tempted to buy more, either.

- Murray
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

I have my own stash to consider, but every now and again Im open to try a new soap/cream that seems to be getting everyone talking.

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

The only shaving cream that I have an urge to try is Castle Forbes, but at the price in Canada it'll have to wait until I visit England/Scotland again next year. Other than that, when it comes to replenishing my stash of shaving creams, I don't use soaps, I always reach for TOBS or Trumper; I know I won't be disappointed.
Bryan
desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

My wish list is simple: Gunilla Knutson (original Noxzema girl) and me all alone and she tells me "take it off, take it all off"...... :twisted: :mrgreen:
Regards,
David
brothers

Post by brothers »

David, I have some Noxzema, but no Gunilla. Now I'm trying to remember just exactly she was referring to it being taken off . . . (As opposed to putting Noxzema on one's whiskery chin.)
Gary

desertbadger

Post by desertbadger »

It's kinda like waiting for the VW hippie bus to show up full of cheer leaders....that never happened either...... :evil:
Regards,
David
brothers

Post by brothers »

Don't give up, I hear VW is bringing the bus back in a year or two!
Gary