Edwin Jagger Soaps

What is your opinion on fine shaving creams and hard soaps? Do you like Trumpers, Coates, Taylors, Truefitt & Hill? Post your reviews and opinions here!
Modern Ancient

Edwin Jagger Soaps

Post by Modern Ancient »

What is everyone's opinion, on these soaps? I love them. I have had Cooling Menthol, for sometime, now, and, I recently, last week, purchased Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera smells better. It smells like shaving soap should smell. It is, simply, marvelous. I love it. It is a great part, of my morning, now. It loves a boar hair brush, though, I am sure a horse hair, or, synthetic fibre brush, would do, just fine, as well.
mantic
Wielder of the Zorrick

Re: Edwin Jagger Soaps

Post by mantic »

IMO they're solid, mid-tier products. :)
brothers

Post by brothers »

We don't seem to hear much about them on the forums, but obviously there are a lot of people who use them or they wouldn't be in business. As for me, I'm perpetually curious about the menthol soap.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
nav

Post by nav »

I've had sea buckthorn and Aloe in the past and they were pretty decent actually! Not sure why i sold them off to be honest.

I've got the Muhle sea buckthorn on the way and will hopefully pickup the ej limes and pomegranate in future.
Modern Ancient

Post by Modern Ancient »

brothers wrote:We don't seem to hear much about them on the forums, but obviously there are a lot of people who use them or they wouldn't be in business. As for me, I'm perpetually curious about the menthol soap.

Their Cooling Menthol soap smells amazing. It is a good performer, as well. It gives a good, quick, easy lather. Also, the aloe vera soap smells like shaving, in a perfume oil.
jww
Woolly Bully

Post by jww »

I have some Sea buckthorn and indeed it is solid mid-range soap. It isn't DHR or certainly not MWF -- but it is solid and the scent is outstanding.
Wendell

Resident Wool Fat Evangelist & anglophile. Have you hugged a sheep today?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

jww wrote:I have some Sea buckthorn and indeed it is solid mid-range soap. It isn't DHR or certainly not MWF -- but it is solid and the scent is outstanding.
I agree with that.
Bryan