Some Fountain Pens:

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
jar

Some Fountain Pens:

Post by jar »

Green pen in middle is filled now. It is an Eboya Houju in Kunpu (薫風)
from Left, Eboya large Yatate, Sailor King of Pen, Eboya medium Houju, Sailror KOP Pro Gear, Eboya small Natsume.

Some Nakayas

Some Platinum Izumos

Some Danitrios
a Takumi based on the story of Momotaro

a Danitrio Sho-Hakkaku Ancient Flowers

A standard size Sailor 1911
CMur12

Re: Some Fountain Pens:

Post by CMur12 »

What a stunning array of fountain pens!

Fountain pens were still in use when I was a boy (I turn 66 this month), but they were already rapidly losing ground to ball point pens. I always liked them and I had a couple of them handed down to me. Today, I have a number of nice fountain pens from Mont Blanc, Omas, Sheaffer/Levenger, etc. I would love to find a nice Parker 51 like my dad used to have, and those Nakayas and Sailor King of Pens are really tempting. I am especially fascinated by the "music nib" offered on Japanese pens.

Thanks for sharing these images of fine pens with us!

- Murray
jar

Post by jar »

CMur12 wrote:What a stunning array of fountain pens!

Fountain pens were still in use when I was a boy (I turn 66 this month), but they were already rapidly losing ground to ball point pens. I always liked them and I had a couple of them handed down to me. Today, I have a number of nice fountain pens from Mont Blanc, Omas, Sheaffer/Levenger, etc. I would love to find a nice Parker 51 like my dad used to have, and those Nakayas and Sailor King of Pens are really tempting. I am especially fascinated by the "music nib" offered on Japanese pens.

Thanks for sharing these images of fine pens with us!

- Murray
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Those are beautiful pens. There is something very compelling about fountain pens. I've used one all my life and currently have a collection of over100 vintage and modern fountain pens. When I was in school we were not allowed to use biros/ball points at all: in primary school we used dip pens and in secondary school we had to use a fountain pen. My first fountain pen was an Esterbrook, which I purchased in 1960; this was followed by a PARKER 21 in 1961, which I still have today, and used all through secondary school and university. Even my wife appreciates and uses a fountain pen.
Bryan
Kyle76

Post by Kyle76 »

Fountain pens and wet shaving: a perfect marriage.
Jim
kronos9

Post by kronos9 »

Those Platinum Izumos are absolutely magnificent.
Ed
brothers

Post by brothers »

When I was about 11 or 12, I had a fascination with fountain pens. The dime store carried all the components and ink and etc. It was quite an enjoyable hobby for me at that time.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444