News

Let's talk about single and double edged razors and the blades that they use.
BrianFus

News

Post by BrianFus »

---spam content deleted & subject edited by VinceFX---
drmoss_ca
Admin

Re: hindi news bollywood

Post by drmoss_ca »

Sorry about that, chaps. Vince upgraded our version of phpBB last night and the captcha was changed to one bots can read. I have been through 22 new accounts so far this morning, and I thought that one was real as the IP claimed to be gorillaservers.net in Los Angeles. Evidently not, and the other new member I approved for the same reason has been deleted too. All the rest were the usual suspects - Russia, Poland, Czech, Romania, Vietnam, China, Moldavia.

C.
"Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothèse."
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Gene

Post by Gene »

Vince awakens!

And it's not spring or groundhog day. Amazing. Good morning Vince!

I noticed the change - had to think hard how to get into my regular area for reading posts, which is unfortunate for me - stuck in the throws of a bad "cedar fever" or something this morning. Pretty much everyone I know in the Austin area has been struck with hay fever symptoms.

Dr. Chris - I don't think people realize how much time you put into the day-to-day management of this site. Many thanks from me!
Gene

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly American criminal class except Congress."
Mark Twain

"People shouldn't be afraid of their government. Governments should be afraid of their people."
Alan Moore
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks for all the cleaning up, Chris.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

Chris, thank you for your behind the scenes hands on administrative work. Also, thank you for your knowledgeable and always interesting posts, when you have the time.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Wow, it's been so long...so this is the kind of crap that bots post? Ugh! :x

Really sorry about that Chris! I must echo the sentiments of Gary and Murray...thanks so much for everything you do to keep our forum running smoothly and for fighting off the bots!
:::Vince:::
VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Re: News

Post by VinceFX »

Test image upload as an attachment.
P1260010.jpg
P1260010.jpg (55.51 KiB) Viewed 5451 times
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Well that seems to work.
IMG_0201.jpg
IMG_0201.jpg (44.5 KiB) Viewed 5444 times
It really does!

C.
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
brothers

Post by brothers »

I found Home and Gallery, but tried for an hour and a half to capture one of my photos in the gallery so I could post it without success. What am I missing?
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
drmoss_ca
Admin

Post by drmoss_ca »

Gary, the photos above were posted using the 'Attachments' tab below the composition box.

Chris
Pierre-Simon de Laplace
Gareth
Taylorman

Post by Gareth »

Thanks Vince. A big improvement that will make posting images much easier.

Gareth
brothers

Post by brothers »

chameleon.jpg
chameleon.jpg (36.28 KiB) Viewed 5323 times
Gary

brothers

Post by brothers »

Gareth wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:58 am Thanks Vince. A big improvement that will make posting images much easier.

Gareth
Thank you very much!
Gary

VinceFX
Trumper Fan

Post by VinceFX »

Glad you guys found the feature and are able to use it effectively. It's not the easiest option to find but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to use. The cool thing is, all the images get stored on the shavemyface.com webserver which has unlimited storage through the Dreamhost plan that we're on.

Based on this, I think I'm just gonna go ahead and nuke the old gallery. It's unusable in its current form and a security risk to have out there. Keeping everything to one instance of phpbb will be easier to maintain in the longterm as well.

So feel free to use the attachments feature all you want and educate our members on it so they can benefit as well. Or you can also just keep using external image hosting services as well. It's good to have options.

Happy posting!
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

thank you
de gustibus non est disputandum