Rogue Industries Wallets

Feel free to post anything unrelated to wet shaving or men's grooming (I.e. cars, watches, pens, leather goods. You know, the finer things of life).
churchilllafemme

Rogue Industries Wallets

Post by churchilllafemme »

Not shaving-related, but in the category of grooming, I guess, two new RFID-blocking wallets from Rogue Industries arrived, one black and one brown.
ImageImage
_______
John
CMur12

Re: Rogue Industries Wallets

Post by CMur12 »

John, I thought that they quit issuing credit cards with RFID. I have an "enhanced" driver's license that has it, but it has a special foil-lined pouch to prevent RF signal escape.

My problem is that wallets with top-loading pockets cause my credit cards to crack and break. I want an old-style billfold with side-facing pockets, but I can't find one anymore.

- Murray
BullGoose
Vendor

Post by BullGoose »

CMur12 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:04 am John, I thought that they quit issuing credit cards with RFID. I have an "enhanced" driver's license that has it, but it has a special foil-lined pouch to prevent RF signal escape.

My problem is that wallets with top-loading pockets cause my credit cards to crack and break. I want an old-style billfold with side-facing pockets, but I can't find one anymore.

- Murray
Have you considered a Ridge Wallet Murray? They keep your credit cards pristine and also do not throw your back out of whack (they are front pocket wallets).

Ridge Wallet

http://www.bullgooseshaving.com -Rocnel, Barbaros, Boellis Panama, Savonniere du Moulin, Asylum Shave Works and so much more.

- Phil
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Thanks for the idea, Phil.

I have too much stuff in my front pockets already, without adding a wallet. This design would also make it more difficult to scan the paper money in the wallet and remove the desired bills. I would still prefer a traditional billfold if I can find one.

I'll keep this in mind, however, should I decide to reorganize my use of pockets.

- Murray
EL Alamein

Post by EL Alamein »

You guys! I have a twenty year old leather wallet I bought from Bugle Boy. It's still in excellent shape and definitely the most long lasting wallet I've ever owned. You guys are making me think I need something new though, just to protect my identity. Ugh!

Chris
Rufust445

Post by Rufust445 »

CMur12 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:04 am John, I thought that they quit issuing credit cards with RFID. I have an "enhanced" driver's license that has it, but it has a special foil-lined pouch to prevent RF signal escape.

- Murray
I have two wallets of the style I think you're talking about. Searched for them on eBay with the keyword "duofold" included. A vendor known as walletsbeltsandstuff219 has a great selection, and reasonable prices.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Rufust445 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:58 pm

- Murray
I have two wallets of the style I think you're talking about. Searched for them on eBay with the keyword "duofold" included. A vendor known as walletsbeltsandstuff219 has a great selection, and reasonable prices.
Thanks, Dave. I checked them out, but they are all top-loaders.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

Murray, is this an example of the general style you are looking for? https://www.duluthtrading.com/store/pro ... VcQAvD_BwE
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

brothers wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:28 pm Murray, is this an example of the general style you are looking for? https://www.duluthtrading.com/store/pro ... VcQAvD_BwE
No, that's a tri-fold wallet, Gary, and it loads the cards in a staggered manner from the top. That staggering of the cards, which makes the wallet thicker on one side, is what results in cracked and broken credit cards for me. I'm looking for the old billfold, with one fold in the middle, that has two pockets on each side, not staggered and opening towards the middle. I've seen this type of wallet referred to as a "Townsend wallet" in some places.

- Murray
Whistler

Post by Whistler »

Regards,
Marty
---------------------------------------------------

"Be still! Me mind is a raging torrent flooded with rivulets of thought cascading in a waterfall of creative alternatives."
fallingwickets
Clive the Thumb

Post by fallingwickets »

Murray, i know youre not a top loader fan, but Ive had a wallet from coach like this one https://goo.gl/KfmKSd since 1987 and a credit card or similar has never suffered any damage. If use is of importance, i sit on my very fat $@%@# all day long

clive
de gustibus non est disputandum