Want to buy --- Guerlain Vetiver

Got something to sell or trade? Feel free to post in this group!
brothers

Want to buy --- Guerlain Vetiver

Post by brothers »

Buying fragrances blind is too risky for me. I know I can buy a new bottle for $40 or so, but I'm hoping someone has a well-used partial bottle of Guerlain Vetiver they are willing to part with. If I could find it locally at a department store I could get a sample, but so far no luck.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Re: Want to buy --- Guerlain Vetiver

Post by TRBeck »

Gary, I'm busy at the moment but will PM later this evening.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
brothers

Post by brothers »

Just to reiterate - I'm willing to pay fair price for Guerlain Vetiver if anyone has some that they're not using at the moment. I just hate to buy a whole new bottle blind and not like it. It seems wasteful that way. I'll buy a sample if someone has a small container they can ship to me. Doesn't have to be the original bottle, of course. (Tim, if you sent a PM, it may have been misdirected.)
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Gary, yeah, I pm'd you. Dunno where it went. I can send you a sample. Message me.
Regards,
Tim

Why should we not meet, not always as dyspeptics, to tell our bad dreams, but sometimes as eupeptics, to congratulate each other on the ever-glorious morning? - Henry David Thoreau
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tim, a PM has been sent to you just now.
Gary

John Parker

Post by John Parker »

I just bought a bottle of Guerlain Vetiver from one of the discounters. Inexpensive and I absolutely love it! If you want an matching aftershave, I recommend Fine Green Vetiver which can order from Walmart. Oh, Walmart also has a very good price on Perma-Sharp Super blades.
John
brothers

Post by brothers »

Tim, the sample was surprisingly pleasant. Just what I was hoping for. Thank you!
Gary

TRBeck
Soapgeek

Post by TRBeck »

Glad you like it, Gary. It's a classic, for sure. My fragrance "rotation" is down to a lavender water (currently Bourbon French), a bay rum (currently homemade), Comme des Garcons Vettiveru, and the Guerlain. I may pick up something else for date nights soon, and I have some Mr. Taylor that I wear when I need the old-school English vibe, but in the end, Guerlain Vetiver does most of the heavy lifting: work-appropriate, all-season, discreet but with good longevity, earthy, smooth. Its versatility and quality are remarkable.
Regards,
Tim