I just got suspended fro Ebay!!!

Thoughts and input on anything related to wet shaving or men's grooming.
adhoc

I just got suspended fro Ebay!!!

Post by adhoc »

The title says it all really... i just found myself suspended from Ebay right out of the blue and I just want to the share my frustration somewhere. :evil: The reason they gave me , the bastards were, barbecue of "security concerns" regarding my account. Now I have to have provide Ebay with massive amount of information on stuff lite passport, credit card, bills, bank statements etc.Does know someone what know the hell is going on?!,
Olle
slackskin

Re: I just got suspended fro Ebay!!!

Post by slackskin »

I didn't know that a person even could be suspended from eBay. Speaking for myself personally, I would not want to give them as much info as you describe here. I would tell them to pound salt. One can live one's life without eBay.
CMur12

Post by CMur12 »

Olle, is this from an e-mail or is it the same when you log into your eBay account? If it says this when you log into your account, it should be accurate. If it is just in an e-mail, it is likely phishing for personal data/an attempt at identity theft.

If it is true, I can't imagine having to provide the kind of information you mention. I have found eBay very convenient, but I would seriously consider closing my account before I would provide them all of the personal data that they appear to want.

This really sounds strange and I hope that there is a better solution than the one currently on the table. Good luck.

- Murray
brothers

Post by brothers »

Olle this sounds like a scam. Please do NOT respond, brother!!!

Just go to ebay as usual and you will be pleased to find nothing has changed. Delete the email.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
churchilllafemme

Post by churchilllafemme »

I believe that it is real, not a scam. Olle and I were negotiating an eBay transaction when I got this message on the eBay site:

Hello [my username],

Our records show that you recently contacted or received messages from [Olle's username] through eBay's messaging system. We’re writing to let you know that an unauthorized third party may have compromised this member's account security. It’s important to note that we’re unaware of any problems with your account. We recommend the following precautions to help keep you safe:
- Don't respond to offers to buy or sell an item from this user. The offer may be fraudulent, and the transaction won't be covered by eBay.
- Don't respond to any messages you received from this user that appear to be a Second Chance Offer for an item you recently bid on.
- Never pay for eBay items using instant cash wire-transfer services such as Western Union or MoneyGram. It's against eBay's Safe Payments Policy for a seller to request payment with these methods.
For more information, please visit:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/pay/avoid-problems.html
If you’ve already sent payment for an off-eBay transaction, contact the payment service you used to make the purchase immediately. If you’re a seller who already shipped an item to a fraudulent buyer, contact the postal service or shipping company you used to have it returned to you.
If you have received any messages that seem suspicious, please forward them to us at spoof@ebay.com for review. For more information about staying safe on eBay, please visit eBay’s Security Center at:
http://pages.ebay.com/securitycenter/index.html
We take a number of steps to help ensure the security of your account. But there's also a lot you can do. Find out more about protecting your account by visiting:
http://pages.ebay.com/help/account/protecting.html

We appreciate your cooperation.

Thanks,
eBay

Please don't reply to this message. It was sent from an address that doesn't accept incoming email.
_______
John
brothers

Post by brothers »

Sounds like ebay knows more than they're saying.
Gary

SOTD 99%: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, soaps & creams, synthetic / badger brushes, Colonial General razor, Kai & Schick blades, straight razors any time, Superior 70 aftershave splash + menthol + 444
Pauldog
Never Shave a Husky

Post by Pauldog »

Ollie, get into your eBay account and change your password, if you haven't done that already. Check the account of the credit card(s) you listed with them, too. Check your list of purchases and sales.
adhoc

Post by adhoc »

As John said, I do not think this is a scam, John has gotten the information, i have talked with the support through Email and on their chat service. Maybe there is someone who has been trying to "hack" in to my account but why would someone want small time buyer?
The fist thought that came up in my mind was and thought could he the reason – maybe I have forgotten tons of Ebay fees that I would have to pay but it was a long time ago I sold anything on there and I tried to look it up but didn't find any fees... The only other "crime" I maybe had committed was that I that I recently changed both my Email-address and Credit Card info (last card got stolen) on my Paypal account – I thought, could that be the reason? It did seemed like a bit too of a drastic move to suspend my whole account and cancel all of my orders though....
Olle
adhoc

Post by adhoc »

And now its reinstated again.... They didn't provide me a pretty clear answer to why I got suspended but only: " To help maintain a safe trading environment, we occasionally verify a member’s contact information and business practices before they can continue to use our site. After checking your account information and activity, I am pleased to inform you that I’ve reinstated your account."
Olle
brothers

Post by brothers »

All's well that ends well!
Gary

Bill_K

Post by Bill_K »

brothers wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:58 pm All's well that ends well!
Yeah I suppose. I work in a very large IT shop and I'm extremely suspicious of problems that go away on their own without an iron-clad explanation; they have a nasty habit of reappearing at the worst possible time.

It's a pity that eBay seem so tight-lipped about it.
Bill